- 1 x Audient ID22 USB Audio Interface
- 1 x Aston Origin - Cardioid Condenser Microphone
- 1 x Aston Halo -Ultimate Reflection Filter and Portable Vocal Booth
- 1 x Tourtech TTS-MI1022BK Economy Microphone Boom Stand in Black
- 1 x Stagg Male to Female XLR Mic Cable 6m
This fantastic recording bundle combines the quality preamps and converters of Audient's interfaces with the widely acclaimed Aston Origin Microphone and Reflection Filter.
All you need is a laptop/desktop and you've got a portable vocal recording setup, voiceover booth or a compact producer studio.
The ID22 is a USB audio interface that boasts "the best mic pre-amps on an audio interface" and top quality digital converters that will satisfy the most discerning audiophile. Compact and versatile, The ID22 turns your DAW into a world-class recording system with 2 dual mic/line inputs and a sleek and intuitive design. With a variety of other outputs, sends and expandability through optical connections, the ID22 is ready for any situation. Whether you run Mac or PC, Pro Tools or Logic, setup is easy and you can start recording in no time.
Under the hood of the rugged all-metal construction, you get 2 classic Audient Class-A microphone preamplifiers, a descrete JFET instrument input on channel 2, 2 analogue aux send/returns and 4 analogue outputs, driven by high quality 24-bit/96KHz converters that have been finely tuned for top performance. You also get a dedicated high current headphone amplifier for pristine playback.
To get the most out of your ID22 you are also supplied with an easy-to-use mixer app to route your audio effectively, save your settings for a session or re-assign the 3 function buttons available on the id22.
Providing top quality audio at this price point, you can't go far wrong with the ID22
- 2-in, 6-out high performance 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA converters
- 2 superb class-A mic preamplifiers & 1 discrete JFET instrument input
- Fully balanced insert points for integrating outboard gear
- High current headphone amplifier fed by an independent DAC
- Low latency DSP mixer for artist mixes
- Main and alternative stereo outputs
- User defined monitoring functionality with hardware control
- USB2.0 class compliant connectivity - Mac OS10.6.8 or later
- Multi-application ASIO and WDM drivers for Windows 7 and later
The Origin is a high performance cardioid condener microphone using a 1" gold evaporated capsule. It's a workhorse mic that you could stick in front of most instruments, but particularly excells on acoustic guitar and vocals. It's built with some of the best components that you find in expensive boutique microphones.
The result is a direct, smooth and intimate sound that's the perfect recipie for a natural and transparent recording.
Wave Form Mesh Head
One of the most striking features of the Origin is it's waveform mesh head. This shock resistant band offers unprecedented protection to your microphones delicate capsule and components. Mesh heads have always been the first line of defence for your mic, but a heavy knock will at the least leave an unsightly disfiguring to the mesh itself. With the wave-form mesh, the head will distort to take the energy away from a heavy knock, but can be easily returned to it's normal position, without any damage at all.
Built-in Pop Filter
Aston Microphones also feature a built in pop filter that's even better than most filters on the market. It's random weave allows your vocals to pass unhindered, whilst stopping plosives dead. It also shields against electromagnetic radiation.
The other great thing about having a filter integrated into your mic is that it offers automatic protection from the outside world. its stainless steel mesh cage protects from unwanted moisture, grime and dust and can even be removed from the mic and washed; ensuring your mic will be clean and fresh and last a very long time!
In-built shock absorbtion
Each element inside the Origin has been designed with it's own shock absorbant design, meaning that the mic is inherently much more resistant to any minor lumps and bumps that could get into your recordings. Aston are so confident that they put a direct stand mount on the base of the mic so that you don't need any sort of mic clip or external shock mount. Of course you can still use a shock mount if you feel more confident using one.
- Wave-form mesh head – this unique design provides shock absorption to protect the capsule, with elastic mesh memory
- Built-in pop filter using the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct to stand microphone mounting
- 2mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB – market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging. No unnecessary frills; just well-designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
Halo Reflection Filter
The reflection filter has now been a staple of the recording setup for a long time now, and although there have been quite a few different filters on the market, the general design hasn't changed all that much.
Up steps the fresh faced contender on the market Aston Microphones to offer a striking new design that signals a marked departure from the original design.
The First thing that strikes you about the Aston Halo is it's Ribena purple finish and space age design. The Halo is much more curved than any other design on the market so that it can capture more sound from the source before it can escape from the sides. This means that you get radically improved isolation and a 360 degree filtering area around the mic.
The filter itself offers a much bigger surface area and is made of the latest patented acoustic materials and proprietary moulding techniques which bring massively improved filtering performance. It also incredibly lightweight so you dont need a rediculously heavy duty stand or have trouble setting it up.
The Halo is designed to be as simple to get in place as possible. In addition to it's included "easy-mount" hardware and lightweight body, the Halo also features a cable tidy feature that feeds the mic cable down the back of the shield so that it cannot intefere with the recording by hitting the stand.
- Radically improved isolation
- 360 degree filtering (vertical, not just horizontal plane)
- Much bigger surface area (approx. 40% bigger than main competitor, and ridges almost double this again)
- More linear absorption
- Incredibly lightweight
- Proprietary ‘easy-mount’ hardware