The Mackie MDB-1A Active DI Box utilises active circuitry for higher headroom and superior noise/distortion performance. The MDB-1A is perfect for instruments with active pickups or preamps, and features a 1/4'' high-impedance input with a Thru output, as well as a -20dB pad. The MDB-1A features an innovative 'Merge' switch, which allows you to connect stereo sound sources by converting the Thru socket into a second input, the two inputs are then summed into a mono output. Conveniently powered via 48V Phantom Power, this compact DI box boasts a wide array of powerful and versatile features including Low Cut and Polarity switches, and Mackie's highly-regarded road-ready reliable construction.
The MDB-1A features an innovative Merge switch. This switch allows you to connect stereo sources, such as keyboards, synthesizers, and media players, straight into the DI box. The switch works by converting the Thru socket into a second input, providing you with two input channels on the box. The box then sums both inputs into a single mono output via the XLR socket. The Merge switch provides you with an incredibly versatile DI solution in a compact and rugged format.
- Active circuitry provides higher headroom for increased noise and distortion performance
- High-impedance 1/4'' input with Thru output
- Balanced XLR output with Ground Lift
- Switches for Low Cut and Polarity
- Merge switch - Converts the Thru jack into a second input, the MDB-1A will then sum both the standard input and the 'Merged' Thru input into a single mono output, perfect for connecting stereo sources such as keyboards and synthesizers
- -20dB pad for distortion-free performance when connecting to high-level sources
- Powered via 48V Phantom Power
- Mackie's renowned 'Built-Like-A-Tank™' construction