Promotion: Free Plugins worth up to £978!
Looking for new top-selling UAD plug-ins and authentic analog sound? Buy and register any new UAD-2 DSP Accelerator and you’ll get best-selling titles from Lexicon and UA — absolutely FREE!
Hurry, the promotion ends March 31st, 2020!
- UA 175B & 176 Tube Compressor Collection
- Lexicon 480L Digital Reverb
The UAD 2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad Core takes effects processing away from your computers processor and into the UAD 2 Satellite so you can run more effects and record more tracks at once with much lower latency. The key behind all of this is the UAD 2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad device which plugs in to your Mac via a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port. This device can then be used in conjunction with any of a wide range of UAD effects which then don't take up any power away from your Mac and all of the effects processing can be handled by the UAD 2. Because the UAD 2 is taking away the processing from your computer you can record more tracks at lower latency without having to worry about your computer or interfacing falling over.
Over 90 Effects available for UAD
There are a load of great effects that can take advantage of the UAD system and its authentic analogue replication. With plugins available that model devices from DBX, Lexicon, SSL, Roland, Neve, ENGL and more this system delivers some of the best software emulation of analog hardware around even to the small nuances of the pots and faders you would find on each device.
Thunderbolt Delivers More
Thanks to the new thunderbolt connection in the UAD 2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad you have around 12 times the speed available to you over FireWire 800 versions. This means you can run 100 effects at a low latency set at your DAW without slowing down your computer. Thunderbolt works on the PCIe protocol so you can expect similar speeds to the UAD 2 PCIe desktop cards without the need of a large desktop computer.
The Thunderbolt UAD 2 can work alongside any other UAD 2 device or Apollo interface so if you currently have a PCIe or FireWire UAD 2 system or Thunderbolt Apollo interface set up but you want to expand and have a spare Thunderbolt port look no further than these incredible Satellite Thunderbolt UAD 2 systems.
The Power of The Quad
This version of the UAD2 Satellite Thunderbolt is the Quad powered model which means that this has 4 processors available to run your effects through. Each of these processors can handle a decent amount of effects so as you can image 4 of them will cover nearly any needs you may have in a studio. There is also a Octo version of this system which provides 8 processors allowing for even more power so even the largest sessions can be covered with UAD high quality effects.
The Core Software
Each version of the UAD 2 Satellite Thunderbolt has a software package that comes with it. This particular version comes with the core software which contains the Analog Classics Plus Bundle with 8 high quality effects to get your started with UAD.
The effects in this bundle are:
- RealVerb Pro
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- 1176SE/LN Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- Fairchild 670 (Legacy)
- UA610-B Tube Preamp and EQ
Here's what Universal Audio say about the UAD2 Satellite Thunderbolt Quad Core
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to "supercharge" their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more. With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a professional solution for UAD plug-ins, and an ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
UAD: The Industry’s Most Respected Collection of Audio Plug-Ins.
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins are integral tools for audio professionals. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment — whether it's boutique compressors and EQs, or vintage reverbs and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, à la carte from UA’s Online Store.
Expandable processing power, from QUAD to OCTO.
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
Available as Core, Custom, and Ultimate software packages.
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 79 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.8.
UAD plug-in craftsmanship: The science behind the scenes.
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA’s engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware — “rebuilding” vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That’s how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, behavior of analog hardware — bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via blazing fast Thunderbolt 2 connection
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Allows taking UAD plug-ins "on the road," mixing on Macs with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 connection
- Available in QUAD and OCTO models w/ 4 or 8 SHARC processors
- Gives native systems a DSP boost for running larger mixes, with rich, sonically complex plug-ins
- Available in Core, Custom & Ultimate packages
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interface
- Compatible with VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and 10.9.x Mavericks
- Fan-free design for silent operation
- Fan-less Thunderbolt 2 external enclosure w/ external power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 7" wide x 6 3/4" long x 1 3/4" high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
- 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Compatible with VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy