The Numark Mixtack III is great for digital DJs that either don't have the budget or the need for the advanced professional workflow of the NS7III but want to benefit from the same technology and build quality.
The Mixtrack III connects to your computer via USB and controls your DJing software (some software to get you started is included) after which you can get started as a digital DJ! The layout of the Mixtrack mimics the classic DJ configuration of a pair of decks and a two channel DJ mixer, so if you're coming across to digital from old school Djing you won't be lost at sea! In fact all of the same functionality you had on your decks and mixer is also present and correct on the Mixtrack III including incredibly precise faders, EQ knobs etc and some additions that you don't see on traditional decks but are incredibly useful like 16 assignable punch button performance pads!
Please note: the Mixtrack III is only a controller, it doesn't have an audio inputs/outputs of it's own. If you don't have an audio interface to take care of that you might want to check out the Mixtrack Pro III which is identical to the Mixtrack III but with a built in audio interface.
Here's what Numark say about the Mixtrack III
Designed with the skilled, professionally-aspiring DJ in mind, the new controllers offer a multitude of features and performance attributes that set them above the entry-level class of product, yet they offer extraordinary value and easy transportability.
Building on the previous MIXTRACK models and retaining all the features and benefits that made them so incredibly popular, the new models share the same basic platform and boast several performance/feature characteristics that make them particularly satisfying and effective to use. A good example is the class-exclusive 100mm pitch sliders that make it simple to execute extremely fine pitch adjustments, so it's easy to keep two cuts in beat sync without any drift. The conventional 60mm pitch sliders on competitive units can't come close to matching the MIXTRACK's performance in this critical area.
Other important features shared by both models:
- 1. Dedicated filter knobs for each channel, which provides a level of sophisticated, precise tonal control rarely, if ever, found at these price points.
- 2. A multi-function touch strip for dynamic FX control and Strip Search operation
- 3. Independent transport controls for greater operational flexibility, and they both utilize metal-not plastic-controls for long-term durability.
- 4. Both include Prime Loops remix tool kit for adding loops and samples to live sets Here is a brief listing of the MIXTRACK PRO 3's and MIXTRACK 3's important features:
All-in-one controller solution for Virtual DJ
Similar to the PRO 3 but it includes Virtual DJ LE 8 and it doesn't have the audio interface with 1/4' and 1/8" headphone connections:
- Dedicated Filter knobs for each channel
- Multi-function Touch Strip for dynamic FX control and Track Search
- 16 multi-function performance pads
- All-new high resolution metal jog wheels
- Multiple FX manipulation
- Includes Virtual DJ LE 8
- Includes Prime Loops remix tool kit
- Dedicated track browsing controls from your library
These two controllers take their design inspiration from no-compromise professional units like our NS7III controller. The MIXTRACK PRO 3 and MIXTRACK 3 are performance-driven designs, but with a sharp eye on value," said Numark Senior Product Manager Chris Roman. He added, "With their extremely high build quality, numerous features and ability to map virtually any DJ software, they set new standards for high performance at an affordable price. We're excited to offer them."