Akai Force firmware 3.0.3
- Grid Automation - input, edit and view automation in Clip Event/Region editors.
- Step Automation - input, edit and view automation in the Step Sequencer.
- Export all clips or export a single clip - users can now export the clips in their Force project to audio, MIDI or MPC Pattern files.
- Matrix Mode enhancements - copy, paste, create and delete clips from the Matrix mode.
- Convert to Keygroup function - on a Drum track, quickly convert a sample assigned to a pad into a Keygroup track so they can play the sample chromatically.
- Improved external keyboard support for scales selected in Force.
- New Step Sequencer Mode - mono Lanes, perfect for single line melodies and basslines.
- Support for up to eight submixes in the mixer window.
- Force now works as an audio interface in Computer Mode
- All-New TUI layouts for Akai Vintage effects.
The AKAI Force is an incredibly powerful, all-in-one music production and performance station. It has everything you need to remix, mash-up, DJ and produce on the fly or in a studio environment without the need of a computer or laptop.
Versatile & Powerful
It'll easily form the backbone of any current perfomance setup or slot into your current system thanks to it's ability to connect to multiple systems with midi ins and outs, Ableton link to connect to the powerful Ableton DAW, CV gate compatability and audio ins and outs to warp and modify your audio tracks.
Perform, play or Record
The Force has been designed to provide inspiration on the fly or in the studio where you can capture and lay down your ideas. It works as a powerful accompanying tool when performing live allowing you to control your audio, midi or even use built in plugins to manipulate your sounds. It uses an intuitive clip-centric workflow where you can combine mpc-style drums, audio tracks, keygroup tracks, midi tracks, cv tracks and more to form your palette of sounds to work with.
More than a sampler
You can easily break out of the sample-based workflow with the on-board synth engines made by AIR Music Technology.
- Hype - Cover everything from hard-hitting plucks to sultry melodic leads with this preset and macro-based synth combining multiple synth engines (wavetable, FM, subtractive, sampling) and a giant preset library into a single easy-to-use package.
- Tubesynth - Emulate the sound of classic vintage analogue poly-synths with an advanced analogue modelling algorithm, packaged with five integrated AIR effects.
- Bassline - Access the sounds of a classic mono synth with variable oscillator waveshapes, sub/fifth oscillators, LPF & HPF options and four integrated AIR effects.
- Electric - The ultimate in classic e-piano emulation with Pickup, Envelope, Bell and Noise parameter sections, five AIR effects and dozens of pre-sets to get you started.
Version 3.0.1 has some workflow refinements:
- Updated recording preferences allowing users to use fixed length clip recording
- Improved auditioning of samples and loops within Forces browser - now, files with embedded tempo information will audition in sync with Forces master BPM
- Drum program enhancements - users can mute or solo pads in a drum program using Forces hardware control surface
- Force can now load FLAC and OGG files
- The AIR dynamics plugins now have metering to indicate input/output levels and the amount of gain reduction applied
Here's what AKAI say about the Force
Redefine your expectations. Force blurs the lines between contemporary music production solutions and next-generation DJ performance technology, setting the precedence for a new industry standard. Fusing clip-launching, step sequencing, sampling, synth engines and tactile touch screen control into a standalone, performance-driven device, Force combines must-have modern functionality with an ultra-intuitive workflow that harnesses your creativity for maximum expressive capability.
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7” full colour capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI In/Out/Thru
- 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs
- MPC sample editing
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- Full-Size SD card slot and 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
Control - Discover new ways to enhance your performance via 360-degree rotary encoders with OLED feedback – smart assignments and multiple modes provide immediate real-time access to all core controls or link to any assignable parameter for a truly customised experience. Capture and playback any changes with real-time FX automation.
Command - Experience total control of your performance. Navigate your project, control clip/scene playback and access critical mix control (mute/solo/cue) right from the hardware with Force’s ergonomically-positioned controls
Matrix - Tactile control for an unrestricted creative flow. Trigger scenes/clips, step sequence, finger drum in MPC 16 Pad Mode and play note data with an expandable 8x8 clip launch matrix with radiant RGB backlighting.
Multi-Touch Display - The heart of your Force experience. Launch Clips, browse your sounds, edit MIDI data, manipulate samples, apply XYFX, sculpt synth sounds and much more all from Force’s 7-inch full colour capacitive multi-touch display.
Remix - Seamlessly import stems, loops and one-shots into Force’s 8x8 clip matrix and set playback modes including loop and trigger settings to remix and reimagine your tracks on the fly.
Mashup - Import multiple stems, then tune and time-stretch your content for immense mash-up potential – all content syncs to your master BPM so you never miss a beat.
DJ - Seamlessly assign tracks to Force’s crossfader, load full tracks, stems or loops to Force’s 8x8 matrix - fuse with scene/clip payback for an unrestricted DJ experience.
XYFX - Add impressive flair to your sets by harnessing the power of Force’s multi-touch display and on-board XYFX. Apply filter, modulation and beat repeat effects in real time to individual tracks or select outputs.
Ableton Link - Connect Force to your wireless network and sync your project with any Ableton Link compatible application or hardware device, including our iconic MPC Series
Drum Tracks - Browse the expansive factory kit library or create your own with samples loaded from USB thumb drives or SD cards. With full MPC Sample Editing functionality fused with 16-Pad or Step-Sequencing performance Modes, it’s simple to create your perfect groove.
Plugin Tracks - Hard-coded into the Force Architecture are four premium synth engines, each with full editing capability for immersive sound sculpting potential. Sequence via a traditional piano roll, apply the onboard Arpeggiator or switch up to Note Mode for instant access to intelligent chord, progression and scale options.
MIDI Tracks - Send your track’s MIDI data to an external MIDI device including synths and drum machines. Connect your peripheral studio outboard to Force and sample your gear to an Audio track.
CV Tracks - Get the most out of your modular rig. With CV tracks, send your track’s MIDI data to external devices via Force’s 4 CV/Gate outputs.
Buttons - dedicated function buttons; red-, amber-, or green-backlit
- 6.9”/176mm (diagonal)
- 5.9” x 3.7”/150 x 93mm (width x height)
- Full-colour LED-backlit display with touch interface
- 2x XLR+1/4” (6.35mm) TRS inputs (Input 1/2)
- 4x 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS outputs (2 stereo pairs)
- 1x 1/4” (6.35mm) stereo headphone output
- 1x 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI input
- 1x 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI output
- 1x 1/8” (3.5mm) MIDI thru port
- 4x 1/8” (3.5mm) CV/Gate outputs
- 1x Ethernet link port
- 2x USB Type-A ports
- 1x USB Type-B port
- 1x SD card slot
- 1x power adapter input
Dimensions - 350 x 389 x 72.5mm