The Novation Circuit Rhythm is the latest standalone groovebox to be announced by the brand in 2021 - following on from the release of the popular Circuit Tracks earlier in the year. The focus this time round though is on the exciting world of sampling and beat-making.
Combining flexibility with pure power, the Circuit Rhythm is in its element when it comes to sampling, crafting and performing beats - whether that's live, or in the depths of your home studio. If you're a producer or performer, this is a more-than worthy addition to your instrumental arsenal.
- Record samples straight into the Circuit Rhythm; you can even cut directly from vinyl!
- Impressive integrated resampling capabilities.
- Sample via stereo inputs.
- Slice and edit your samples to make something entirely new.
- Playback samples exactly how you want - no matter whether you're crafting powerful drums, catchy melodies, or toe-tapping basslines.
- Start from a sample and quickly develop dynamic beats via the intuitive, hands-on sequencer.
- Harness powerful FX like delay, reverb, a master compressor, sidechain and more.
- Create whenever, wherever thanks to an onboard rechargeable battery, delivering up to four hours of battery life.
- Apply a looser (or more regimented) feel to your drums by capturing patterns off-grid or quantised.
- Generate more intriguing beats with pattern and probability mutate options.
- 8 individual tracks available for sampling (with each boasting 32-step patterns which can be chained up to 256 steps per track).
- Apply grid FX - from vinyl simulation to beat repeat - to add variety to your performances.
- Alter parameters and the sound of your recordings via eight endless encoders.
- Incorporate MIDI hardware with full-size five-pin MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors (plus analog sync out).
- Listen to the finest nuances of your tracks via the eight-inch headphone out or stereo out.
- Save, store and recall projects and samples quickly using a microSD card.
- Use Novation's Components standalone software to backup your creations and load in fresh samples.
- Class compliant - compatible with modern Windows and Mac OS
- Three year warranty.
Built for the Modern Beatmaker
Capture samples directly into the unit and edit the entirety of your beat in the box - all without any need for external hardware or software. Easily reverse, loop, slice and resample your rhythms via the hands-on workflow, applying further variety through beat repeat, stutter, lo-fi tape emulation, reverb, delay and more.
With 8 sample tracks available to you (featuring dedicated 32-step patterns that can be chained up to 256 steps per track), there's plenty of scope for dynamic and layered rhythms. All of this is augmented by a versatile sequencer that ensures you can quickly and effectively outline your percussion plans.
If you prefer to get creative while you're out and about, you'll benefit from the in-built rechargeable battery. With up to four hours of battery life available, you'll have more than enough time to cook up a sonic storm on-the-move.
However, if a more traditional studio setup is your cup of tea, the suite of essential connectivity options allows you to seamlessly integrate the Circuit Rhythm into any MIDI-based rig.
In the Box/Included Software
- USB Power Adapter
- USB-A to USB-C Cable (1.5m)
- Novation Components Standalone Software
- Sound Collective (Get a Free Plug-in Every Few Months by Registering your Circuit Rhythm)
- 32 RGB Backlit Velocity Sensitive Pads
- 28 RGB Backlit Tactile Click Buttons
- Master Filter Knob (with Centre Detent)
- Volume Knob
- x8 Endless Encoder Macro Knobs (with RGB Indicators)
- Headphones out
- Unbalanced Stereo out
- Stereo Audio in (Mono Summed)
- 3.5mm Sync out
- MicroSD Card Slot
- x3 MIDI DIN (In, Out, Thru)
- Kensington MiniSaver Slot
- USB-C Socket
- Power Button (with Charge Status LED)