The Korg nanoKONTROL2 is the miniature MIDI controller that no producer should be without. Mix on the move, or intuitively control your plugins and softsynths. The nanoKONTROL 2 is miniature and tactile and an ideal DAW controller for someone who wants to mix in a more traditional and creative way than you can just using your mouse pointer.
Musicians are a creative bunch, and its unfair to restrict your creativity when you are not in your studio or rehearsal space. Many great musical ideas have been inspired in hotel rooms and train stations late at night! The Korg nano series controllers are ideal for inspirational moments. Take a look at the other nano products in our "related items" section on this page.
Here's what Korg say about the nanoPAD2
Low-profile, multi-function control surface
New track select and marker advance parameters
Supports numerous software titles including major DAW programs
Convenient, compact control surface, with easy setup for immediate use
In a body proportioned to fit perfectly in front of your laptop computer, the nanoKONTROL2 provides eight channels of the controllers you need to control your music software. The nanoKONTROL2 also features a dedicated transport control section. The buttons have been carefully selected to be useful with your software, ensuring simple and intuitive control. Many software titles - including major DAW programs - are supported, dramatically reducing the need to make complicated connection settings.
Complete control for your DAW or software synthesizer
A knob, fader, and three switches are provided for each of the eight channels, respectively assigned to pan, volume, and solo/mute/record. This arrangement is a real convenience when recording automation for multiple channels. There's also a marker button, making it easy to assign marks at important points in your song for more efficient recording and song production. When using a software synthesizer, you can assign parameters to the desired controllers for easy control. For example you could use the faders to control the ADSR of an envelope generator, and use the knobs to control the filter's cutoff frequency and resonance, etc.
Korg Kontrol Editor software
The nanoKONTROL2 works with the "Korg Kontrol Editor" software - available free on the Korg website. Load it into your computer, and use it to make detailed customized settings. For example, the minimum and maximum values for each control change message can be specified.
USB power for an uncluttered setup
Just connect a single USB cable from your computer to the nanoKONTROL2, and you've got a quick and portable music production system. Power and USB-MIDI data travels down the same wire for a clean, efficient workspace.
- 8 knobs
- 8 sliders
- 24 buttons
- Transport buttons: REW/FF/STOP/PLAY/REC
- CYCLE button
- MARKER button
- TRACK button
- Avid Pro Tools/Apple Logic, GarageBand/MOTU Digital Performer/Steinberg Cubase/Ableton Live/Cakewalk SONAR
- Software that can be controlled by control change message
- USB bus power
- Power Consumption: less than 100 mA
- Size (W x D x H): 12.80 x 3.27 x 1.18 inches
- Weight: 0.65 lbs.
- USB cable
- Supported OS: Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- Supported Computer: Apple Macintosh with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X or Apple Macintosh with PowerPC supported
- Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32bit), Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 (32bit, 64bit), Microsoft Windows7 (32bit, 64bit)
- Supported Computer: Computer with USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP/ Vista/7 (Intel USB chipset recommended)