The Avid S1 control surface takes the power and versatility of their renowned premium consoles and squeezes it into a compact and seriously sleek format. Instant feedback; a streamlined workflow; integration with first-and third-party audio and video software; intuitive hands on controls; deep compatibility with the Avid Control app; its all here. Mix smart. Mix fast.
Small, yet Mighty
The streamlined design of the unit should slot seamlessly into your studio setup. Don’t be fooled by its smaller dimensions though – the S1 packs a real punch. You’ll be gliding quickly across its surface in no time at all. This is all thanks to touch sensitive knobs and faders with motorised actions. When paired with the smart touchscreen, you can complete a multitude of tasks with just a few button presses. No matter whether you’re working on a video or audio project, it will no doubt speed up your workflow.
Integrated Software & Hardware
The S1’s EUCON architecture (Avid’s very own super speedy ethernet control system) delivers extensive software and hardware integration. This provides you with full access to not just Avid’s own offerings, but a range of third-party ones too. You can even swap fluidly between your various workstations and applications on the fly. Edit and mix pieces in your own unique way, in a manner that suits you.
Master Your Mix
Using both the high-resolution OLED screens and the free to use Avid Control app for tablet, you can easily reference any portion of your mix. Just like a high-end console, you can check your parameter settings, track names, metering, channel processing, automation and a whole lot more instantly at your fingertips.
Expand Your Potential
If you’re looking for more faders to work with, it’s possible to connect multiple S1 units together. This creates a much larger control surface which will let you work on bigger mixes. You can throw Avid Dock into the mix too; this grants you a focus fader, jog wheel, transport controls and other further creative features.
- Integration with Pro Tools and Media Composer.
- Native support for third party video and audio software including Cubase, Premiere Pro, Logic Pro and more.
- High-resolution OLED displays.
- Customisable soft keys.
- Touch sensitive/motorised faders and knobs.
- Speed up your workflow by quickly soloing and muting tracks, routing signals, adding automation, tweaking plugins and more!
- Use the S1 alongside the free Avid Control app on your tablet.
- View your mix at a glance; quickly reference parameter values, track names, channel processing, surround panning etc.
- Take full control of EUCON compatible monitoring via the hands-on surface.
- Faders: Eight motorized, touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw faders
- Knobs: Eight push-top, touch-sensitive rotary encoders
- Additional controls: Assorted hardware buttons/keys for various functions and mode selections, including Mute, Solo, Record-enable, Bank, Nudge, and more
- Software interface: Supports the free Avid Control app running on iPad or Android tablet (tablet not included)
- Displays: Eight high-resolution OLED displays, plus multiple status LEDs and multicolour track buttons; channel metering, monitoring, processing, track status, automation modes, and other views provided by Avid Control on your tablet
- Height (front, rear): 1.2 inches, 3.8 inches (29 mm, 97 mm)
- Width: 12.3 inches (312 mm)
- Depth: 14.9 inches (377 mm)
- Scalability: Connect up to four S1 controllers together, plus Avid Dock, to create an extended, fully integrated surface