Universal Audio are known for two amazing ranges of products. Their unbelievable UAD plugins which require so much power they need dedicated hardware and their unbeatable audio interfaces. The Apollo Twin Duo USB is both of these rolled in to one and the best part is that now it works on Windows with USB3!
World Class DAC
The DAC or Digital Analogue Converter is probably the most important part of any recording setup. A bad DAC can make even the best recordings sound awful but that is never a worry with Universal Audio hardware. With a 24-bit/192kHz rate of conversion even the biggest of audiophiles will be able to deny the quality coming out of your speakers.
Without this high quality of a DAC your files can sound a bit like a low quality MP3 where you don't get all of the highs and lows, just a bunch of washy midrange. This DAC is pro grade so you never need to worry about not being able to support any project of any quality.
For years Universal Audio have utilized big and bulky PCIe cards or a hard to find thunderbolt connector which made it a real pain for any Windows users. That ends now though as with USB3 support this can now be used on pretty much any modern PC laptop or desktop without the need for any complicated tinkering.
Thanks to the extremely high speed of USB 3 you don't need to worry about losing any performance compared to the Thunderbolt equivalent either. Just plug in to any PC and away you go.
The Apollo Twin Duo is perfect for producers that need to keep their studio small and compact or are only dealing with a limited amount of live instruments. Input wise you have a pair of 2 XLR/Line/Instrument combo jacks. For the output you have your main 1/4" monitor outs as well as two 1/4" line outs and a headphone out for silent recording.
This is more than enough for most projects where you may use one or two mics at a time. If you do want to use more mics don't feel disheartened! The Apollo Twin Duo also has an optical input so you can connect up to 8 other inputs through a separate digital input device.
The thing that really pushes this interface above all other is the fact that it can run a bunch of UAD Plugins. These plugins require specifically designed Universal Audio hardware and are some of the finest pieces of software any engineer could ask for.
The two processors you have built in to this pedal are more than powerful enough to handle your processing needs for a small to medium sized project without every slowing down your computer. Because they run off their own processor it frees up your computers horsepower so you can run more plugins, more tracks and get the mix you want.
- Desktop 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows 7/8 with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
- USB 3 connection to modern Windows systems
- Unison technology provides stunning models of classic mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle
- Console 2.0 software features Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more
Includes the UAD Powered Plug-Ins Bundle
- UA 610-B (Unison)
- 1176LN Legacy
- 1176SE Legacy
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic (Unison)
- Marshall Plexi Classic (Unison)
- Precision Channel Strip
- Precision Reflection Engine
- Precision Delay Mod
- Precision Delay Mod L
- Pultec EQP-1A Legacy
- Pultec-Pro Legacy
- Teletronix LA-2A Legacy
- Raw Distortion (Unison)
- RealVerb Pro