Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt Audio InterfaceUltrafast For Mac computers with Thunderbolt Connections
If you're running a Mac based studio setup, and looking to upgrade your audio interface you just have to check out Apogee's range of products as a viable option. For over two decades, Apogee have been building a reputation for creating great recording solutions with pristine audio quality. Whether you're running a project studio or a professional rig, Apogee's interfaces integrate perfectly with your Mac based computer for smooth and reliable performance.
Powered By Thunderbolt
The New Apogee Ensemble takes advantage of Apple's latest innovation, thunderbolt technology to streamline your recording setup.Thanks to this fantastic upgrade, you will be hard pressed to find performance like this on any other all-in-one interface on the market. Record your tracks with ease at a mere 1.1ms latency; that's well below the percievable level so you won't notice a thing! Even when you take advantage of all 8 mic preamps, your apogee will be ticking along nicely with unflinching performance.
The Apogee Touch
Talking of performance, you will love the sound that ends up on these tracks. Apogee have a great reputation for their preamps and conversion, and the new Apogee doesn't disappoint. Stunning audio quality comes from the proprietary Thunderbolt Audio driver and ESS Sabre32 DAC. You have probably come to expect recording upto 24bit/192KHz for an interface of this quality. However, upgraded AD/DA conversion creates a greater dynamic range lower distortion an almost non-existant noise level. Listening to your tracks in beautiful 32-bit playback, you wont want to miss a thing!
The unit is designed with the working musician in mind, so everything you need is where you want it to be. If you're want to track a fantastic riff quickly with your guitar in the control room? Apogee have handily put 2 Guitar I/O channels with class A JFET inputs on the front panel for immediate access to guitar tracking and dual mode re-amping before the train of thought is lost. Another fantastic feature is the built-in talkback microphone. It's an unusual addition for audio interfaces and is more something you would see on a full audio desk. The best thing is that it free's up one of your mic inputs, and if you don't use it now, it might come useful in the future. With all its power, the Ensemble is still ultra portable so you never know where you might end up when out on location!
Control with Pinpoint Accuracy
With the Ensemble, you gain complete control of your recordings from the source. 2 OLED displays not only look the bomb, they give you all your levels and settings on the unit. Settings are controlled by input select buttons and a controller knob. Many of you may have fiddled with software parameters; theres something special about having the feel of phisical hardware knobs and buttons that connect you with the performance. Your 8 mic pre-amps have up to 75dB of gain through an advanced gain circuit. As a result, you have no excuse but to set the gain just right at the source with pinpoint control. You know what they say; you can't polish a....a rubbish recording!
Setup as a rackmount device, the Apogee Ensemble can fit perfectly into your rig. Its compatible with any Core Audio compliant app on a Mac including Logic, Pro Tools and Ableton. All you need to make sure is that your Mac has a Thunderbolt connection and your ready to go.
Apogee Control Software
Apogee's New Control software has been built from the ground up for Ensemble Thunderbolt, and delivers complete control functionality in highly customizable user interface. Apogee implemented innovative features like the simplified “Essentials” control window and an FX Send mixer feature to simplify and speed up the recording workflow. Apogee Control brings together Ensemble Thunderbolt and Element Series interfaces allowing them to work simultaneously, giving you more premium sound quality and a seamless and powerful user experience.
- Thunderbolt 2 Mac audio interface
- 8 Mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and Advanced Stepped Gain circuit
- 2 front panel Guitar I/O channels with class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
- 16 analogue outputs of premium Apogee conversion
- Proprietary Thunderbolt audio driver and ESS Sabre32 DAC offer full 32-bit playback
- Groundbreaking low latency performance (1.1 ms round trip @ 96kHz/32 buffer)
- Core Audio-optimised hardware DMA Engine frees your Mac CPU
- 2 high-resolution OLED displays show levels and settings
- Input select buttons and controller knob for selection of parameters and settings
- 4 assignable buttons to control:
- Talkback mic (built-in or external)
- Output settings such as speaker set selection, mute, dim, sum to mono
- Complete input/output control with Apogee’s Control software
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Works with Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
- Designed in California – Assembled in the U.S.A.
Available For Order
Normally available in 7 days
We can special order this item from our supplier
- Order this item today and we will place a special order with our supplier.
- Normally available in 7 working days
- Delivery time for this item may be longer depending on whether our supplier has the item in stock.
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.