Antelope Audio Orion Studio Rev.2017 Audio InterfaceWith Thunderbolt and USB
We are unfortunately unable to ship Antelope Audio to South Korea at this time.
The Antelope is a wild beast tamed to fit in to a 1U rack mountable unit.
Boasting zero latency with 24bit, 192kHz AD/DA audio conversion the Orion has the Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA). It brings immense parallel processing abilities that mean it can outperform the DSP chips used in other interfaces. You can run 4 mixes simultaneously to different outputs or 32 compressors at once without losing any of your 40 EQ instances.
They say the best things comes in small packages. And Antelope’s new Orion Studio is no exception. Somehow they have managed to fit 12 Class-A Mic Pres with XLR inputs, 2 pairs of monitoring outputs, 16 analogue outputs, 2 preamp outputs, plus 16 channels I/O via ADAT and 2 channels I/O on S/PDIF, not to mention USB and Thunderbolt connectivity in to a single 1U rack mountable panel.
That’s a whole lot of I/O, so you really won’t find yourself crawling round the back of your studio rig looking for a connection that isn’t there.
Antelope Audio include an array of world-class plugins with any of their interfaces - completely free! You'll get the full (and ever-expanding) list of Antelope Vintage FX models:
- Equalizer legends: VEQ-STU 089, VEQ-STU 169, VEQ-STU 900, VEQ HA32C, BAE 1023, BAE 1084, NEU-W492, NEU-W495, VEQ-4K Black, VEQ-4k Brown, VEQ-4K Pink, VEQ-4K Orange, BAE-1073, VEQ-HLF, VEQ – 1A, VMEQ-5, LANG PEQ2, VEQ-55A, UK-69, NEU-PEV, INTEGRATED EQ
- Vintage Compressors: BA-6A, SMT-100A, FET-A78, ALT-436C, Stay-Levin, VCA160, Tube176, X903, Gyratec X, Grove Hill Liverpool, ANTELOPE FEEDFORWARD COMPRESSOR, FET-A76
- Auraverb™: Reverb Leveraging Unique Algorithms and Proprietary FPGA Chip for “Smooth and Clear” Sound
- The Guitar Classics - Cabinets: Darkface 65 2x12, Top30 2x12, Green 2x12, Vintage 4x12, Green 4x12, Caliper50 1x10, Clst 1x12, England4x12, Modern 4x12, Bluelux 1x12.
- The Guitar Classics - Guitar Amps: Darkface 65 US, Top32 UK, Modern US, Plexi 59 UK, Rock 22.10 UK, Rock 75 UK, Marcus II US, Tweed, Deluxe US, Overange 120 UK, BurnSphere DE.
- The Guitar Classics - Mics: California121 Ribbon, Austria Gold 414, American57, German FET87.”
These plugins are repeatedly rated among the best on the market, offering unique FPGA-based emulations of real hardware. And they're completely free with any Antelope device!
Orion Studio is designed to work with your network, store full session settings and recall them at different workstations. With dedicated iOS and Android apps you can take full control of the mic pres from your smartphone or tablet.
Here’s what Antelope say about the Orion Studio
Orion Studio offers an array of legendary EQ and compressor emulations and AuraVerb.
Thanks to our love for both analog detail and digital perfection you can now access not only legendary guitar amps and cabs, but a plethora of classic studio gear. Through a unique sampling technique for vintage gear modeling we have provided Orion Studio with the finest selection of hardware-quality audio effects, among which legendary EQ and compressor hardware plus our very own and extremely versatile AuraVerb reverb.
All you need in just 1U
Orion Studio fits Thunderbolt™ and USB connectivity, 12 mic pres and our renowned clocking in just 1U rack space.
Since its release in 2015 Orion Studio has become one of the biggest stars in the Antelope Audio line of ThunderboltTM & USB audio interfaces. And now we made it even better. With 12 Class-A Mic Pres make it’s one and only piece of gear you’ll need to record a full band and do it like a pro. For 2017 Orion Studio got brand new AD converters, raising its dynamic range to an industry best 124 dB and features superior low latency performance. Now coming in a gorgeous carbon grey faceplate, Orion Studio has a ton of new features inside its powerful Control panel and FPGA engine.
Just like Zen Tour and Goliath, Orion Studio features the full array of real-time FPGA powered vintage FX. This best-selling interface also includes Antelope’s traditionally stunning AD/DA conversion, powered by our very own, world-renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology for jitter management.
Orion Studio’s secret weapon
Custom FPGA will allow you to create and stream multiple complex mixes and process audio with zero latency.
Orion Studio’s secret weapon is the extremely powerful Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) device. Its massive parallel processing capabilities are far ahead of DSP chips used in similar devices. Through smart algorithms, oversampling and custom-tweaked models, the FPGA provides the lowest latency possible, allowing you to create up to four independent, zero latency mixes. Those can be easily assigned to any output including the two separate headphone outs.
All the effects you need
Enjoy the true sound of classic studio gear with Orion Studio’s real-time FPGA vintage FX.
Orion Studio comes with full yet ever expanding list of Antelope Vintage FX models. With 5 new compressor models you can now open up to 32 compressors at once, without losing any of your 40 EQ instances. This is a major advantage over DSP processing. All Antelope Audio FX can be used for real-time tracking, monitoring and are easily routed to work on a mix inside the DAW.
Antelope Audio’s custom FPGA makes Orion Studio the #1 audio interface for professional guitarists by being the perfect platform for our integrated vintage and contemporary guitar amp & cab simulations. Developed in collaboration with Overloud they bring precision and audio realism to a whole new level, allowing artists to experiment with multiple speaker configurations, mic placement and EQ settings. Our innovative RealModel technology allows us to vividly rebuild the true sound and behavior of classic analog gear. Playing and recording guitars has never felt so real!
Advanced remote apps
Device control as flexible as you can imagine
Orion Studio features an exciting new approach to control, including the game-changing Full Session Saving functionality. You’re now allowed to quickly save, load and share any routing, monitoring, and FX settings. These can be easily exchanged between studio facilities with Antelope Audio gear and will drastically enhance the studio workflow of any engineer, recordist or musician. A recently added Alternative Matrix View offers a detailed alternative to classic Antelope drag and drop Routing.
You can control and use as many Orions as you can connect with our new S/N selector inside the panel and even open multiple panels on the same computer. Orion Studio offers dynamic device management from various access points, including multiple computers in the same network.
An intuitive iOS / Android mobile app gives you even greater freedom by granting full mic pres control from a smartphone or tablet.
Connectivity gone wild
Orion Studio can work with any DAW on the market via Thunderbolt™ or USB.
Orion Studio’s FPGA powered ThunderboltTM and custom USB guarantee the lowest sound latency on the market. The device’s massive parallel processing capabilities allow fast, simultaneous streaming of multiple audio channels and instant effects processing. Thanks to the variety of digital and analog I/O, combined with the flexible routing matrix the device is easily connectable to various outboard gear.
Orion Studio offers: two pairs of monitoring outputs, 16 analog outs, 2 reamp outputs, plus 16 channels I/O via ADAT and 2 channels I/O on S/PDIF.
- 4 x Mic / Line Instrument on XLR combos on the front
- 8 x Mic / Line on XLR combos on the rear
- Analogue Inserts
- 2 x Inserts on TRS (inputs 1,2)
- 16 x Lines on 2 x DB25 (16 channels Line Out)
- 2 x Stereo Monitor out on TRS (4 channels, only 1 active pair at a time)
- 2 x Stereo Headphone outs on TRS (4 channels)
- 2 x ReAmp outs on TRS (2 channels)
- D/A Monitor Converter
- Dynamic Range: 129 dB
- THD + N: -108 dB
- A/D Converter
- Dynamic Range: 124 dB
- THD + N: -112 dB
- D/A Converter
- Dynamic Range: 120 dB
- THD + N: -107dB
- Mic Preamp
- Gain: 0,10 – 65 dB
- THD + N: -108 dB
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16 depending on the sample rate)
- 1 x S/PDIF
- Digital Outputs
- 2 x ADAT
- 1 x S/PDIF
- USB I/O
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed; Data stream up to 480 Mbits/192kHz, 24 channels I/O, Type B
- Thunderbolt™ I/O: 1 x Thunderbolt, 32 channels I/O
- Word Clock Input: 1 x Input @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
- Word Clock Outputs: 1 x Outputs @ 75 Ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32 – 192kHz
- 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 64-bit DDS
- Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator
- Clocking Stability: <+/-0.02 ppm, oven controlled at 64.5ºC/ 148.1ºF
- Clock Aging: < 1 ppm per year
- Clock Calibration: +/-0.001 ppm
- Sample Rates: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 (kHz)
- Operating Temperature: 0-50°C, 32-122°F
- Weight: 3.1 kg/ 6.83 lbs ( approx )
- Dimensions (Approx): Width: 483 mm / 19”, Height: 44 mm / 1.7”, Depth: 220 mm /8.6”
- DC Universal input: 18V
- Power Consumption: 25 Watts Max
- Orion Studio – Thunderbolt™ and USB AD/DA Interface with 12 mic pres
- Owner’s Manual
- Warranty Card
- 1 DC Power supply
- 1 USB cable
2 In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Monday, 24 September 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
1 in stock at our Guildford store
- This item may be our display / demo model.
- Please call to check the condition of this item.
- We can transfer new & boxed items from our warehouse to our store in 30-40 minutes.
1 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.