The BBE VariComp VC-3080 pedal provides genuine analogue compression at a price-point that's pretty hard to argue with! Inspired by legendary guitar compressors from the past, including vintage Ross and MXR units, the BBE VariComp promises sweet and spongy compression; ensuring that your guitar sings with vibrancy and sustain without sounding overly-squeezed.
However, BBE hasn't simply copied these older compressor stompboxes. Instead, they've taken the best elements from those tried-and-trusted circuits and added their own twist. For example, BBE has gone one better by adding a thoughtful Attack control to its Varicomp pedal, which makes the compressor react more quickly for a tighter sound when you turn it up. Dial it back, and you'll attain a softer and more natural sound.
About BBE Sound
BBE Sound is a familiar name in the music industry, and since their inception in 1985 the company has pioneered several noteworthy improvements in audio technologies. With their preamps, compressors and iconic Sonic Maximizers seen regularly in recording studios, broadcasting facilities and on stages all over the world; BBE Sound has established itself as a go-to brand for its class-leading audio processors and outboard gear.
A few years ago, BBE entered the guitar pedals market. Designed and engineered at their US headquarters, BBE pedals are built with high-quality components and use analogue circuitry to ensure optimal tones and studio-grade sonics.
- Output, attack and threshold controls
- NOS CA3080 OTA (Operational Transconductance Amplifier)
- 470K input impedance for vintage correct pickup loading
- 10K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
- Operates on a single 9-volt battery or an optional power supply
- Designed and engineered in USA