A distilled version of the Reason 11 package, Reason Intro is a perfect introduction to making music on the computer. A collection of instruments, effects and tools, it comes both as a standalone DAW, and now as a plugin to use within your existing DAW. The ultimate flexible music-making tool!
- 11 instruments, 11 effects, 3 players, 8 utilities, 2.6GB of samples: 33 devices in total
- VST plugin support: add any instrument or effect plugin to Reason’s rack
- Free pocket music studio for iOS
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
- High quality real-time time stretch & audio transpose
- Pitch Edit mode for polishing your vocal recordings
- Audio slicing and audio quantize—correct the timing of your audio recordings
- MIDI instrument/clock output—control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
- Supports all major file formats—from wave and AIFF to mp3 and more
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
- Self-contained song files make moving projects between computers and collaborator as easy as moving a single file
- Advanced modelled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
Virtual studio rack
At the heart of Reason is a virtual rack where you craft the sounds your music needs, from scratch or from Reason’s huge library of sounds. Synthesizers, instruments and effects–as many as you need. Reason covers every need from the synthetic and electronic to acoustic and organic.
The components or your rack are automatically connected and routed for you. Dive deeper by unlocking manual rack-routing for a modular-style experience. The integrated browser makes it easier than ever to explore Reason’s vast sound/effect library.
Reason as a plugin
You can now use Reason’s instruments, effects and tools as a plugin within your existing DAW. This makes Reason a fantastic expansion to any studio setup. The instruments and effects can be used just like in Reason. Stack them, combine them, add Reason’s Player MIDI FX units. When you want more options, Reason Rack Plugin can also be expanded with exclusive Rack Extension plugins. Create the studio rack of your dreams!
Capture your musical ideas in Reason’s powerful sequencer. Record and edit audio, MIDI or automation with powerful recording and editing tools. Always in sync with your flow, forever adapting to you and your working methods, Reason's sequencer simply gets you there faster.
Reason has a unique take on tempo, key and pitch. Record first and decide on tempo later with Reason’s always-on, real-time and project-wide time stretch. Want to try a new key? Transpose your audio and retain the tempo. Fine tune your vocal performances to perfection with Pitch Edit. Or rework, resample or reshape your recordings into something completely new.
Extending your rack
When you're looking for even more creative options, plugins come to the rescue. You can expand your virtual rack with new, inspiring instruments and effects created by developers around the world—from modern effects to vintage instruments. Rack Extension plugins are full rack citizens, giving you a fully integrated experience. Or use industry standard VST plugins right in your Reason rack.
- Europa Shapeshifting Synthesizer
- Thor Polysonic Synthesizer
- Monotone Bass Synthesizer
- Subtractor Analog Synthesizer
- Kong Drum Designer
- Rytmik Drum Machine
- Redrum Drum Machine
- Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player
- NN19 Sampler
- NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- ID-8 Instrument Device
- Audiomatic Retro Transformer
- Scream 4 Distortion
- RV7000 MkII Reverb
- Softube Amp
- Softube Bass Amp
- MClass Compressor
- MClass EQ
- MClass Stereo Imager
- MClass Maximizer
- DDL-1 Digital Delay Line
- CF-101 Chorus/Flanger
Player MIDI effects and utility devices
- Scales & Chords
- Dual Arpeggio
- Note Echo
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
- Matrix Pattern Sequencer
- Pulsar Dual LFO
- Mixer 14:2
- Line Mixer 6:2
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider CV Merger & Splitter
For system requirements, check out Reason Studios’ website.