Here's what Free The Tone say about the ARC-4:
The flagship model of FREE THE TONE’s ARC Series routing controller has been reborn as the ARC-4 by greatly enhancing its predecessor’s functions in order to handle systems that are growing increasingly more sophisticated.
Now each bank and preset can be named. A Setlist mode has been added to allow you to combine banks with setlists at will. Also added are support for a MIDI clock and a Bank Select function. You can easily synchronize operation with external sequencer software. Further, the ARC-4 comes with many hands-on features such as Stereo Loop, Boost, Phase Invert, etc. for concerts or recording.
Experience the advanced quality of our ARC series’ flagship model ARC-4!
Passion for Tone Quality
FREE THE TONE has a commitment to “sound” and our original Holistic Tonal Solution “HTS Circuit” is the basis of this pursuit. Thanks to the “HTS Circuit” implemented in the signal input and output, the ARC-4’s amplifier can always receive signals with a constant impedance irrespective of the conditions resulting from combinations of connected effects units. The effected sound and bypassed sound managed by the HTS Circuit will always have the same sound quality, which solves a problem that has plagued players for years.
After repeated tests in harsh environments, primarily at concert venues, we established a durability suitable for professional use based on feedback from various sources.
Now presets, banks, and MIDI channels can be labelled. You can easily manage your data by attaching tone names to your presets, tune titles to banks, and connected device names to MIDI channels. A Setlist Mode has also been added that allows you to combine banks freely and manage them as setlists. This function will greatly improve usability in concert tours.
- MIDI program change numbers and MIDI control change numbers can be sent simultaneously.
- Number of MIDI program change number parallel sends: 16
- Number of MIDI control change number parallel sends: 8
- Sending/Receiving of MIDI clock is supported (Receiving supported as MIDI THRU)
The distance between the footswitches is 80 mm to ensure adequate space for easy operation by foot. Footswitches in the first and second rows are in a staggered layout on the panel to make it compact and easy-to-use.
Two dedicated displays are provided for presets and configuration. Operability is drastically improved by reducing the levels of Edit menus as much as possible. This greatly reduces the amount of time spent editing.
The LED for each footswitch is covered by a lens to prevent sweat or other moisture from entering directly into the internal circuits. Also, a felt sheet is attached to the back of the display unit for further protection.
High-strength molded plastic phone jacks are used to ensure safe and long term use.
- HTS Circuit implemented
- Phase Invert function implemented
- The output level of OUT-A and OUT-B can be set individually by the boost function.
- Shipped with a universal AC adapter that can accept voltages from 100 to 240 VAC.
- Operation buttons can be protected with the Lock function to prevent misoperations on the panel during performance.
- Number of Effect Loops 8 [Series Loops: 7 (Monaural Loops: 5 / Stereo Loops: 2), Separate Loop: 1]
- Number of Presets 200 banks x 10 presets. In total 2,000 presets
- Control Terminals 4 (Latch/Momentary operation switchable)
- Input Impedance 1MΩ (HTS-IN)
- Output Load Impedance min. 10kΩ (HTS-OUT / OUT-A / OUT-B)
- Boost range 0 to +14 dB
- Power Supply Dedicated AC to 12VDC adapter
- Current Consumption approx. 750 mA
- Dimensions 386(W) x 152(D) x 81.5(H) mm (incl. protuberances such as footswitches, jacks, etc.)
- Weight approx. 2.1 kg (excl. accessories)