Ernie Ball volume pedals are considered by many as the industry standard. With their smooth-travelling tread-plates, robust chassis' and ergonomic top-mounted jacks - it's no surprise why thousands of musicians all over the world use them. So, how can Ernie Ball possibly improve upon a formula that is so highly-regarded? Introducing the VPJR Tuner.
Retaining the classic Ernie Ball VP look and construction, the VPJR Tuner pedal features a cleverly-integrated touchscreen display at the centre of its treadplate, which ultimately gives you an ingenious 2-in-1 volume/tuner pedal!
More Than Just A Tuner
With a few 2-in-1 pedals that we've seen before, sometimes one half of their design can be compromised and therefore doesn't offer the same functionality as a standalone version of that effect/type can. The Ernie Ball VPJR Tuner pedal breaks that mould, as it features a fast and accurate chromatic tuner that covers all of your tuning needs. It can also be calibrated to a variety of ideal reference pitches, for more unusual or exotic tunings.
But one of the coolest things about the Ernie Ball VPJR Tuner's enhanced-definition screen is that it also serves as a graphic volume display, which precisely indicates the position of the tread-plate on a scale between 1-10. The large display automatically switches between tuner and volume modes depending on the signal level, allowing you to tune at minimal volume between songs in a set, for instance. However, other “always on” configurations are accessible via a double tap on the touchscreen.
Built To Last
The Ernie Ball VPJR Tuner's compact and rugged design consists of an aluminium housing that thoroughly protects its internal circuitry and components. It also features a stronger and more durable PVC-coated Kevlar cord, which ensures consistent tension throughout the foot sweep.
- Combined tuner and active volume pedal saves space, power and signal routing on pedal boards
- Fast and accurate chromatic tuner and graphic volume display
- Enhanced-definition touch screen
- Intelligent display activates tuner mode at minimum volume, and a graphic volume readout when signal is present
- Treadle can be routed as a gain control or as a master volume control
- Discrete buffer circuit with no tone loss through any signal chain
- Strong, durable PVC-coated Kevlar cord
- For guitar and bass