The Rift Amplification 'The Blackhawk' precisely captures the nostalgic guitar tones of early '60s "British Invasion" bands. With a super-simple single-channel design, 'The Blackhawk' is a true workhorse amp powered by a quartet of EL84 power tubes; designed to react sensitively to your playing dynamics.
About Rift Amps
Based in Brackley, England, Rift Amplification is a boutique brand that specialise in vintage-style amplifiers. Hand-wired and built with the utmost attention-to-detail, Rift faithfully recreates some of the world's most desired traditional amps from the '50 and '60s.
Originally modifying Fender amp circuits, the company now produce their tweaked designs under their own moniker. While retaining the classic styling that you know and love, Rift's time-honoured offerings have the trusted reliability you'd expect from modern valve amplifiers, and can serve as perfect workhorses for live performances or session work.
Here's what Rift Amplification says about The Blackhawk:
Continuing their releases of inspired-by-yet original designs, Rift Amplification announces a brand new 36-watt workhorse amplifier, offering Hot-Rodded British Invasion tones, dubbed The Blackhawk.
Rift Amplification’s owner, Chris Fantana - “It’s no secret that I’m a fan of the simple amplifiers, where the player can explore the full-range of tones on offer with ease and without complication. The Blackhawk, featuring a two-band EQ, Pre-amp and Master Volumes, and a Cut control, offers just that. Plug in to the single input and fill the room or stage with glorious, full-bodied singing British tone that can be shaped and sculptured to work with your guitar and FX pedals.”
- A 36-watt, EL84-driven power section inspired by the British Invasion sound of the '60s.
- A specifically tuned master volume circuit to produce rich, harmonic overdrive at any volume level, working alongside a unique ‘Cut’ control to help shape Post-PI treble frequencies.
- Available as a 1x12 combo or head/cab configuration and loaded with a WGS Blackhawk Alnico speaker, a conveniently named driver offering pristine top end, tight mids, and just the right amount of warmth and bottom end.
- A GZ34 rectifier tube designed to offer responsive, dynamic response.
- Hand-wired eyelet board construction assembled in Brackley, UK utilising custom-wound transformers and hand-selected, premium components.