Extended 5 Year Warranty
Korg are currently offering an extended 5 year warranty on this product. All you have to do is register your product on the Korg website and Korg will extend your warranty to 5 years absolutely free!
Korg SP170S 88-Note Digital Piano in Black
A highly affordable digital Piano that is designed to fit in at home or be used on stage. The philosophy of the SP170S is "keep it simple" making it perfect for a beginner and a pleasure to play for everybody!
The SP170S comes complete with two concert grand sounds and 8 others including a selection of organs and electric pianos. Korg have focussed on making the SP-170S feel great with weighted hammer action and adjustable sensitivity to match your playing style perfectly. Add a touch of reverb a damper pedal and a music rest and you've got a great sounding, great feeling piano at a very attractive price. No bells and whistles - just a lovely, solid instrument that is a joy to play.
Here's what Korg say about the SP170S
The SP-170S Digital Piano - Piano, pure and simple.
Offering an affordable and rewarding piano solution, the SP-170S features an authentic feel and a captivating sound to satisfy the student, novice, or seasoned player.
- With a clean, fresh design that omits the traditional control panel, the portable and stylish SP-170S emphasizes the vital piano elements: a comfortable keyboard and satisfying sound.
- The two skillfully sampled concert grand piano sounds capture all the nuances of the performer's touch.
- A total of ten sounds are provided, including electric pianos, harpsichord, organs, strings, and more.
- Our new Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) faithfully reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano.
- The Key Touch Control offers three levels of sensitivity to match the keyboard response to any playing style.
- The SP-170S's compact body houses a robust, built-in speaker system to deliver a deep and powerful sound.
- Reverb effect adds depth and spaciousness to the sound; Chorus adds warmth and motion.
- Two headphone jacks allow for parent/child or student/teacher private practice, or for just sharing with friends
- Damper pedal and music rest complete the SP-170S
- Available in either or black or white to complement any environment
- Matching wooden stands are available (optional) to complete a home piano look when desired
Stylish and economical
Compact, unobtrusive, and designed for the modern world, the SP-170S Digital Piano solidly delivers the essential elements of a piano: rich, vibrant sounds and an authentic grand piano feel. Styled to mimic an acoustic piano, the SP-170S boasts a simple and clean design which eliminates the need for a control panel. In place of knobs, buttons and switches, the SP-170S relies on the keys themselves to perform these functions. The built-in stereo sound system features two efficient speakers housed in a bass reflex enclosure to deliver powerful sound. You can choose from two colors - chic black and elegant white - to match the decor of any room. The SP-170S is also lightweight and easy to transport, making it an ideal choice for concerts or live use.
Ten exquisite new sounds, highlighted by an exhilarating grand piano
The SP-170S features a duo of concert grand piano sounds, each lavishly recorded with meticulous care. Multiple velocity layers are used to capture nuances of playing dynamics, allowing the instrument to respond expressively to every delicate touch. In addition, sounds such as electric piano, harpsichord, and organ are also provided, delivering a total of ten premium sounds at your fingertips.
Faithfully reproduces an acoustic piano touch and feel
Our new Natural Weighted Hammer Action (NH) keyboard is accurately weighted like a traditional piano, with a heavier touch in the lower ranges and becoming progressively lighter in the higher registers. Three levels of Key Touch Control allow the keyboard response to be matched to nearly any playing style, preserving all of the subtle expression of the original performance.
Self-contained sound system
Inside the compact SP-170S is a full stereo sound system. The clean-sounding stereo amplifier feeds power to a pair of full-range oval speakers. The speakers are housed in an internal bass-reflex cabinet, resulting is a well-defined, robust, and dynamic sound.
Reverb and Chorus effects
Individually selectable Reverb and Chorus effects add an extra dimension to the SP-170S's sound. The Reverb provides a lush spaciousness. The Chorus effect adds motion and warmth to the sound.
Dual headphone outputs
The rear panel provides two headphone jacks, allowing two people to enjoy the sound simultaneously. This is ideal for playing duets or sharing songs with a friend; in addition, parent and child or student and teacher can share a lesson with complete privacy. These same outputs can be used to connect the SP-170S to a digital recorder or an external amplifier.