This Guitar is in mint condition and has been very well looked after.
Serial Number 108810493 - Built in 2011
Gibson Les Paul 2008 Standard
Pioneered and developed with the assistance of legendary jazz-pop guitarist Les Paul, the Gibson Les Paul has become the standard by which all electric guitars are judged.
With fat rich tone and incredible sustain the Les Paul guitar lends itself to every style and generation of music.
From the sweetest jazz to the heaviest rock and metal the Les Paul is a guitar that can do it all. It is one of the most powerful and versatile instruments of all time.
What Gibson say about the 2008 Les Paul Standard
Improving a legend isn't easy, but it's happened. Introducing Gibson USA's 2008 Les Paul Standard-an elegant revision of a true classic, with upgrades and new features that make it the best Les Paul Standard ever produced.
Based on consumer feedback and a drive to uphold and enhance the legacy of the Les Paul Standard, Gibson USA's 2008 model sets a new guitar benchmark for excellence and achievement.
It begins at the neck, which features an enlarged neck tenon for maximum wood contact, and a new asymmetrical neck profile that makes it one of the most comfortable and playable necks ever offered.
Locking Grover tuners with an improved gear ratio of 18:1 are also a first for the Les Paul.
Custom-made, gold-plated potentiometers made by Bourns, give the 2008 Standard a new level of sonic clarity and intensity.
It's also one of the first Gibson USA models to utilize the revolutionary Plek system-a computer-controlled setup that carefully measures and dresses each fret, accurately measuring the height between the fingerboard and each string, virtually eliminating string buzz and providing unbeatable playability.
A set of Gibson's Burstbucker Pro humbuckers deliver the powerful punch expected from a Les Paul, faithfully capturing the magic of Gibson's legendary PAF pickups of the 1950s.
A chambered mahogany body gives the 2008 Standard enhanced resonance, and a plain or flame maple top pays homage to the iconic Les Pauls of the late 1950s.
Other new features include TonePros' locking Nashville Tune-o-matic and stopbar tailpiece, and each guitar comes with Gibson USA's standard black snakeskin case. Play the new 2008 Les Paul Standard from Gibson USA and experience the evolution of the greatest electric guitar of all time.
- Body Style: Les Paul Standard carved top
- Top Species: AA Maple Maple Top and Mahogany Back (premium finish), Maple Top and Mahogany Back (Solid Finish)
- Binding: Antique Cream
- Plating Finish: Chrome
- Tailpiece: Tone Pros Locking Stop Bar
- Bridge: Tone Pros Locking Tune-O-Matic Style
- Tuners: Locking Grover Keystone
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker Pro
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker Pro
- Pickup Covers: Yes
- Controls: 2 Volume - 2 Tone - 3-Way Toggle
- Control Knobs: Amber Top Hats
- Control Pocket Cover: Smoky Transparent Arcylic
- Special Features: Quick-Connect Control Pocket Assembly, Locking Neutrik Jack
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymmetrical
- Nut: Corian
- Nut Width: Standard Gibson: 1.695" +/- .050"
- Headstock Inlay: Gibson Logo
- Silkscreen: Les Paul Model
- Truss Rod: Gibson Adjustable Truss Rod
- Truss Rod Cover: Bell-shaped cover stamped, "Standard"
- Fingerboard Species: Rosewood
- Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoid
- Fingerboard Binding: Antique Cream
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24 - 3/4"
- Plek Setup: Yes
- Type: Gibson Hardshell
- Case Interior: White
- Case Exterior: Black
- Silkscreen: Gibson USA Logo