M Audio PROFIRE 610 - 6 in 10 out Firewire Interface
The M Audio Profire 610 represents a revolution in recording technology. Not that long ago, the best way to record 6 tracks simultaneously and return 10 discrete tracks to a mixer involved an investment of a small fortune into a tape machine, or an early, flaky, digital recording system.
Now, M-Audio have managed to pack the dreams of engineers into a portable 1/2 Rack Unit sized boxed. Amazing isn't it? The Profire 610 features two mic preamps and can also function as a standalone mic pre and A/D or D/A converter. It is compatible with almost all major DAW software including Protools.
As Firewire interface technology matures, you can be sure of Jitter free operation and low latency, as well as the benefits of great sounding analog preamps, and a DSP section to help you build multiple cue mixes.
We've definitely been left scratching our head as to how M Audio can fit all these features into a portable box at this price. Whether you need to record in the studio or on location, the Profire will handle whatever you throw at it!
Here's what MAudio say about the Profire610
Designed by the company that revolutionized mobile music production, the ProFire; 610 FireWire audio interface transforms your Mac or PC into a powerful 6-in/10-out recording studio. Premium digital converters deliver high-definition, 24-bit/192kHz audio throughout the signal path. Two preamps with award-winning Octane; technology offer clean, transparent sound with low noise and exceptional headroom. Onboard DSP mixing provides a totally flexible recording experience-perfect for creating multiple, independent monitor mixes.
The user-assignable master volume knob gives you flexible control over output levels. MIDI I/O allows you to connect keyboards and other outboard MIDI hardware. The half-rack-space unit also doubles as a standalone two-channel microphone preamp and A/D-D/A converter.
ProFire 610 is compatible with major audio software including Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0;*, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Live and GarageBand, making it an unbeatable choice for personal, high-definition recording.
*96kHz maximum with Pro Tools M-Powered. Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0 is a paid upgrade from earlier versions of Pro Tools M-Powered.
- 6 x 10 simultaneous analog/digital I/O - ideal for mobile recording
- 2 preamps with award-winning Octane; technology - pristine sound quality
- Flexible onboard DSP mixer - create multiple unique cue mixes
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz - high-definition digital audio
- User-assignable master volume knob - customize your setup
- Functions as 2-channel mic pre/2-channel A/D-D/A converter - standalone operation
- JetPLL technology - critically acclaimed jitter elimination
- Compatible with major audio software - use Pro Tools M-Powered; 8.0*, Cubase, Logic, Sonar, Live and GarageBand