The Nord Piano 2 HA88 is a portable stage piano with 88 Hammer Action Weighted Keys that allows you to easily play, split and layer stunning Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos from the Nord Piano Library.
Main Features at a Glance
- 88-note Hammer Action keybed or 73-key Hammer Action Portable keybed
- All sounds can be replaced
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- Nord Sample Library compatible
- Layer and split-functionality
- Dynamic Pedal Noise (with Nord Triple Pedal)
- Comprehensive Effect section
- Delay Effect
- Stereo Tube Overdrive
- Advanced String Resonance (Gen 2)
- Long Release
- USB-MIDI - No driver required for Mac OS X, a WHQL certified driver is available for Windows.
Extensive Nord Piano Library of Sounds
The Nord Piano Library features a huge selection of acoustic and electro-mechanical instruments each with its own unique character. The Nord Sample Library offers more than 1000 high quality sample-instruments ranging from Strings, Brass, Synths and Basses to the legendary vintage sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
Both the Nord Piano and Nord Sample libraries are continuously updated and are available as free downloads for all Nord owners.
All of the sounds in the Nord Piano 2 HA88 are replaceable, making it an instrument that is built to evolve with you. It's even possible to create your own sample instruments using the Nord Sample Editor.
Simple Yet Powerful
The Nord Piano 2 is extremely easy to operate and puts the musicians focus on performing not on programming, all of the functions of the Nord can be controlled via the dedicated buttons and knobs. You can also easily layer and split sounds and use the volume pedal input to subtlety merge in your strings whilst you are playing.
The Nord Piano 2 also sports an extensive effects section, covering everything from Phaser, Wah-wah, Flanger, Chorus and Delay effects to a 3-band Equalizer, Amp Simulations, Compressor and Reverb.
Here's what Nord say about the Nord Piano 2 HA88
The Nord Piano 2 gives you our best acoustic and electric piano sounds as well as access to our versatile Nord Sample Library.
It’s amazingly simple to layer and split sounds from both our sound libraries and we’ve added a volume pedal input for sneaking in those strings while you keep playing. All sounds can be replaced and its even possible to create your own samples using the Nord Sample Editor.
Reviews In the Press
"I’ve always had the impression that Nord keyboards are made by and for real keyboard fanatics. It’s nice to have this attention to detail in a stage piano. In addition to great grands, it’s one of the only stage pianos to offer sampled uprights, and they’re charmingly realistic. Add convincing electric pianos and samples of classic synths like the Oberheim OB-8 and Prophet-5, and you’ve got a vintage-lover’s paradise. It’s easy to navigate and sure to inspire the piano-centric musician." Keyboard Magazine.
- LCD Display
- 2 banks with 24 pages each, 5 programs - 240 locations
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 4 velocity response curves
- Split functionality with selectable split point
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updates
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain up to 9 different models.
- 40/60 Voices Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Long Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave Transpose: -1/+1
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
- Up to 99 sample instruments
- 16 Voices Polyphony
- Attack and Release controls
- Octave Transpose: -1/+3
- Sustenuto pedal can be set as sustain or gate pedal for the Sample Synth section.
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 500 MB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 128 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Stereo Auto-wah. Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Effect 2 - Stereo Phaser, Flanger and Chorus. Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Delay - Four levels of feedback amount, Dry/Wet adjustment. Tempo can be set manually or with Tap Tempo button. Range: 20 ms ~ 750 ms
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation (100 Hz, 4 kHz and 200 Hz ~ 8 kHz)
- Comp/Amp - Twin, JC, Small (mono), Tube distortion (stereo) and compressor (stereo). Drive/compression amount controlled with the Drive knob.
- Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2, Dry/Wet control
- Each effect can be assigned to either Piano or Sample Synth section
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- Nord Piano 2 HA88 : 1287 mm (50.7"), 121 mm (4.8"), 340 mm (13.4")
- Nord Piano 2 HP: 1066 mm (42") x 121 mm (4.7") x 340 mm (12")
- Pedal: 264 mm (10.4"), 224 mm (8.8"), 70 mm (2.8")
- Nord Piano 2 HA88: 18,3 kg (40.3 lbs)
- Nord Piano 2 HP: 11 kg (24.25 lbs)
- Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs) - Included with Nord Piano 2 HA88 only.
- Nord Triple Pedal (Nord Piano 2 HA88 only)
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROM
- Nord Sample Library DVD-ROM
- Nord Keyboard Stand EX
- Nord Soft Case
- Nord Music Stand