The Akai Professional MPK25 is a portable keyboard controller with MPC production controls. Based closely on the MPK49, the first keyboard ever to feature MPC pads, the MPK25 scales down the keyboard by 24 keys and retains the utility, capability, and flexibility that makes the MPK49 one of the world's hottest keyboards.
Its smaller, more portable size makes the MPK25 the perfect travel companion. Its small footprint can fit in your lap on the couch or on a plane, enabling you to create tracks whenever inspiration strikes. All you need is your laptop and the MPK25.
- "If it were a tea-tray, the MPK25 would be large enough to eat your dinner off - but only just!"
- "Pros: Well built and extremely compact, MPC-Style Pads and Note Repeat function are a winning combination, Easy to use arpeggiator, Editor/librarian software is a welcome bonus. Cons: Mains adaptor not supplied, no faders."
- "The MPK25 feels like a serious, grown-up MIDI controller, rather than a scaled down toy keyboard."
- "Its compact size might make the MPK25 a good choice for the smallest home studio setups, or for musicians on the move seeking a powerful, professional-quality MIDI controller that's small enough to travel with. Its two-octave span limits its usefulness as a live performance keyboard, but for studio-based programming, or simple triggering of sounds in a live situation, the MPK25 could be ideal."
Paul Sellars, Sound On Sound- Read the whole review in the October 2009 issue
- 25-key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
- MPC-pad section of 12 genuine MPC pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
- MPC pads access four banks each for instant access to 48 samples
- Assignable Q-Link controller section for flexible control of most software parameters
- Two banks of 12 Q-Link knobs and four buttons, two banks each
- Dedicated transport controls for tracking and editing
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator aid in creative process
- MPC Full Level, MPC 12-Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with tempo and dynamics
- MIDI output over USB, bus powered, class compliant: plug and play with one USB cable
- Comes with Ableton Live Lite Akai Edition software
- Works with most MIDI recording, sequencing, and performance software
- MPK25 keyboard controller
- USB cable
- Software CD
- Quick Start guide
- Number of Keys: 25 + 12 x 4 banks of drum pads
- Type of action: Semi-weighted
- Aftertouch (Channel)
- Computer Interface: USB/MIDI
- Displays: Custom LCD
- Footswitchable Patch Changes: yes
- Number of Independent MIDI Ins/Outs: 1
- Programmable Continuous Footpedals: 1
- Programmable Footswitches: 1
- Programmable controllers: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC
- System Real-Time Controls: MMC, MIDI START/STOP, MIDI CC