The JP-08 Sound module is one of the first instruments in the Roland Boutique series, that feature limited run compact Synth modules that recreate the sound of iconic Roland synths. Roland Boutique synths are being made in limited one-off production runs, so once their gone, they're gone!
The Jupiter 8 Returns
Using the same ACB technology that was used to create the Aira series, the JP-08 faithfully recreates the classic original sounds of the Jupiter 8 synth, controlled by an array of 36 miniature knobs and sliders that you'd find on the original Jupiter 8. Plus there's an extra few twists that you can bring to your sounds including an expanded VCO range and more LFOs.
The Jupiter 8 is arguably one of the most revered synths in Roland's lineup, playing it's part to define the sound of the 1980s. The Jupiter was all about hands on control and experimentation, with dedicated controls for almost every parameter; this amazing Jupiter 8 experience has been brought to the JP-08.
Performance Control Options
One of the striking things about the compact JP-08 module is that it doesn't come equipped with a keyboard. As a super portable instrument that you can carry around with you, there are a few different ways you can make this synth sing.
Right off the bat, you can use the touch strips on the JP-08 to hear the sound at different pitches, offering a really quick way of working to get the perfect sound without worrying about the notes. Also on board is a 16-note sequencer, with 16 memory banks so that you can programme in the perfect groove, and then tweak your sounds to match.
If you're looking to play with a keyboard, the JP-08 has all the inputs and outputs you need to connect to a performance keyboard or direct to your computer. However if you want to be able to play your Roland Boutique synth anywhere, you can get the optional Roland Boutique Keyboard attachment which easily connects to your synth. Your module will simply clip into the perfectly sized bay which has an adjustable tilt arm so that your synth controls can sit flush or pop out like a Minimoog or Korg ms-20.
- Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic Jupiter-8 synthesizer
- Retains the feel, sound, character and user interface of the original
- 36 of the original synth parameters controllable from the front panel
- Adds several additions not found on the original Jupiter-8, including extra waveforms, expanded VCO range
- Chain mode allows two JP-08 to function as one 8-voice module
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Dual ribbon controllers for pitch bend, modulation, and sound preview
- Battery-operated (4xAA) or USB powered
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface