Here's what Duesenberg say about the Mike Campbell 40th Anniversary Starplayer
The Starplayer TV is a semi hollow, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring arched top and back, bent sides and a 648mm scale. The 40th Anniversary Edition of this instrument celebrates Tom Petty and the Hearbreakers 40th Anniversary and adds a brand new colour option to the line.
Very few guitar players have created a following and the respect among their fans and peers as much as Mike Campbell of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Mikes incomparable playing style and songwriting over the years has left its mark in Rock & Roll history and Duesenberg has the privilege of being a part of it.
The Starplayer TV Mike Campbell Edition is covered in an all-over Catalina Green finish with the two iconic racing stripes and cream binding around the body and neck.
For the cutting leads and heavy riffs, we took our own classicly wound Grand Vintage Humbucker and paired it with our open Domino P90 Singlecoil for airy chords and creamy licks.
All instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for.
Additionally, our Diamond Deluxe Tremola proved to be one of the best of its kind, providing buttery operation and outstanding tuning stability.
The Mike Campbell also features a stunning nickel plated pickguard with Mike's personal signature and the 40th Anniversary Heartbreakers logo.
The Starplayer TV Mike Campbell is one of our most desired instruments and has become an icon around the world.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 30.5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Matching Colour (catalina-green)
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce
- Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 x 7 cm / 18.11" x 13.38" x 2.75"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Nickel, signed by Mike Campbell
- Finish: PUR lacque
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys (included)