The included software may now be a download online and the stated CD may not be enclosed with this item as a result
Need a portable audio recorder that is quick enough to capture audio when an exciting idea takes hold, yet versatile enough to record 4 channels of high quality audio with precision and the option of two different stereo mic patterns - all in a pocket sized portable recorder pacakge? Check out this Tascam DR-40 digital recorder.
The Tascam DR-40 portable recorder has two built in stereo mics like many portable recorders. However, the similarities end there! The DR-40 also has two phantom powered XLR inputs with high quality preamps, the ability to adjust the built in stereo mics for an A/B or X/Y stereo mic configuration, and built in editing functions including EQ and reverb effects. All of this is supported with an easy-to-operate interface and 24bit/96kHz Analog to Digital converter for high definition recordings in WAV or MP3 format.
Combine this with great features including editing/effects built in, transfer to PC or Mac over USB and exceptional battery life (especially when using the optional BP-6AA battery pack), and the DR-40 proves itself to be the portable audio recorder of choice for professional sound recordists, videographers and audio hobbyists alike. If you like the idea of capturing audio fast, or getting high quality recordings with an extremely natural-sounding direct mic and ambient mic mix - wherever in the world you are - the Tascam DR-40 is an option you simply must consider.
Here's what Tascam say about the DR-40 Portable Recorder
TASCAM's DR-40 packs adjustable condenser microphones, four track recording, XLR mic inputs and extended battery life into a portable recorder your can take anywhere. It captures up to four tracks from built-in condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The high-quality internal microphones are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room. A pair of great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones with phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer recordings to computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more - all with TASCAM's simple-to-use interface. No other recorder makes home or live recording as simple as the TASCAM DR-40. "I believe our new feature rich DR-40 4-track portable recorder may be considered our new flagship product." said Paul Jenkins, Senior Vice President for TEAC America.
The TASCAM DR-40 is available now. An optional BP-6AA Battery Pack, which takes six AA batteries, increases the battery life of the DR-40 from 17.5 to over 50 hours. This battery pack is designed to attach itself to DR-40 and a tripod allowing users to record for a long period without the use of an AC adapter or a computer. BP-6AA will be available in October 2011.
- Handheld 4-track Portable Recorder
- Built-in condenser microphones, adjustable to XY or AB position
- XLR / 1/4" mic/line input with phantom power
- Locking Neutrik Combi jacks
- Record the built-in microphones with the XLR mic or line input for a four-track recording
- Dual recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150% speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40 / 80 / 120 Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align
- Stereo Reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (2GB card included)
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, AC adapter (optional PS-P515U), external battery pack (optional BP-6AA), or USB bus power
- Optional RC-3F footswitch and RC-10 wired remote control