Tascam have got a reputation for making quality portable multitracks and the new DP004 does not disappoint! Designed for those on the move, the DP004 combines some of the best features from the range of handheld portable recorders on the market and adds the ability to multitrack, perfect for those wanting a 'muscial notebook' in which to record their ideas at the point of inspiration!
This is what Tascam say about the DP004:
Just like Tascam's best-selling Cassette Portastudios, the DP-004 makes recording simple. Musicians can record an acoustic instrument just by sitting in front of it and using the built-in stereo microphone, then overdub a vocal or solo track over what they played. Whether recording a song demo, music lesson or finished music, the DP-004 captures inspiration without technology getting in the way of your music.
The DP-004 offers four tracks of CD-quality digital recording. Users can simultaneously record two sources at once and playback and mix up to four tracks at once. The Bounce feature makes it possible to free tracks by creating downmixes internally. The four tracks can then be edited, mixed, and mastered to a dedicated internal stereo track.
The DP-004 is the perfect companion for beginners, songwriters, composers, bands, music teachers, language teachers, or school music programs.
- Portable, ultra-compact multi-track recorder
- Have your pocketstudio with you all time
- Simple, intuitive user interface
- Use real knobs and buttons for frequently-used functions or easily navigate through the menu
- High-quality recording (44.1kHz/16-bit)
- Create hits at CD audio quality
- Recording media: SD/SDHC card (1GB SD card included)
- No moving parts inside mean high reliability and no noise from internal drives etc.
- 2-track simultaneous recording
- Record in stereo or record two independent mono sources
- 4-track simultaneous playback
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone
- Create stereo recordings from an acoustic instrument or from your environment without any cables
- Two Mic/Line inputs
- Plug in and record from microphones, synths, guitars, drum machines etc. directly
- Dedicated Level and Pan controls
- Set playback level and pan position for each channel independently
- Bounce function
- Record a stereo mix of up to 4 tracks or mixdown up to 4 tracks to a single new track
- Dedicated stereo master track
- Mix your song to a stereo file you can transfer to a computer for CD burning or MP3 encoding
- Locate features
- Move to a certain time position, or return to zero or to the last recording position with one key press
- Repeat playback
- Set In and Out points for a playback loop (with adjustable interval between repetitions)
- Editing functions: duplicate or erase tracks, cut parts, insert silence
- Edit your tracks like a pro: tighten your timing, cut unwanted noise etc.
- Undo/Redo feature
- Up to 500 steps (depending on memory capacity)
- Chromatic Tuner/Metronome
- Tune your instrument precisely and play or sing perfectly in time
- USB 2.0 port for computer backup
- Export your mix recording or individual tracks (WAV files) or back up your song to a computer; import individual tracks (WAV files) or restore backed-up songs from a computer
- Can be powered by AA batteries or optional AC adapter