Duesenberg make some genuinely great looking guitars. As soon as you pick up the Imperial you feel the solid build quality, flawless finish and smooth action that have made this guitar a real treasure. Built around an Arch-top Jazz guitar style body this has a great sound and is a joy to play.
The Red Burst finish on this guitar is really striking. If you're a fan of classic rock or the rockabilly style this guitar will suit you down to the ground but like any really great looking guitar it wouldn't look out of place in most styles of music.
The combination of a vintage sounding humbucker and a striking Domino P90 gives you all the tones you could need, from old fashioned rhythm to modern lead you can blend together your ideal sound easily. Both pickups are specially designed by Duesenberg to compliment each other and the sound of the guitar to give you truly amazing tone.
There are regular tremelo's and then there's the Duesenberg Tremola. With a longer arm you get more subtly in your bends, a longer lever gives you better control over how much pressure you put on the strings so you can get a great balance of tone easily. It's setup to keep your guitar in tune regardless of how much you bounce the arm which means it's great for country, blues... anytime you want to throw in that extra vibrato.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the Imperial
The Duesenberg Imperial throws open the door to a time when rock was still celebrated “around the clock”, a time when jazz cats were starting to grease their hair and think about finding new sounds. This classic hollow body guitar with its deep sides and double f-holes is both a jazz and a rock’n’roll/rockabilly instrument. At the same time, however, it insists on exerting its own entirely unique character.
The greatly-appreciated Duesenberg pickup assembly with a Domino P90 and a Grand Vintage humbucker is here enhanced by our “Mid-Shift” twang pot, which extends the range of our already impressive Duesenberg sound spectrum. Marking the end of an all too mellow, pre-fab jazz sound, the Imperial is assisted by a highly functional Deluxe Tremola – here, of course, with a lengthier bar.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: saturn-shape pearloid
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: black veneer (trans-orange), matching color (red-burst)
- Type: arch-top jazz guitar, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: laminated spruce
- Back, sides: laminated flamed maple
- Size: 51,5 x 41 x 9 cm / 20.27" x 16" x 3.68"
- Binding: cream, 5-layer purfling
- Pickguard: transparent
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Strap pins: Kluson Multi-Lock
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Domino P-90
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 mid-shift, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)