Duesenberg have been making incredible guitars with innovative hardware for many years now but when Peter Storud came looking for something new they had to come up with something really special. Based on the Dragster model this guitar has custom hardware that brings that guitar up to a new level with the very cool multibender bridge.
At the heart of this guitar you have a simple but solid design that feels and looks amazing. Built with a thin solid mahogany body and a one piece mahogany neck with an Indian rosewood fretboard this guitar has a traditional rocking vibe. The neck has been carved to Duesenberg's signature 'D' shape which feels amazing in the hands for a wide range of different players. You will not be disappointed from the quality feel you get when you pick up this stunning guitar.
The coolest part of this guitar has to be the Duesenberg multibender. This little device takes the concept of the pedal from a pedalsteel guitar and puts it onto a standard electric guitar. This gives you access to levels of bends not available with a standard electric guitar especially if you are a slide player. Built to last the multibender has been crafted from only the best local materials like all Duesenberg parts.
While the original dragster only came with a single P90 pickup in the bridge Peter Stroud wanted some more versatility in his guitar. So the bridge pickup has been replaced with the award winning Grand Vintage humbucker while in the neck position they have added a Little Toaster filtertron style pickup. These work excellently with a wide range of styles but you know that the home for this guitar will always be in the country space.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece mahogany
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Art Deco
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: rosewood veneer
- Type: solidbody, mahogany
- Top: flat
- Size: 42 x 32.5 x 4.5 cm / 16.5" x 12.6" x 1.77"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: black
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, small buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg Multibender
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Case: Included
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Little Toaster Pickup
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone (speed-pot), 3-way sound selector