Duesenberg make some truly stunning guitars. The 59er Series with Tremelo in Black looks amazing and sounds great. With a pair of great sounding pickups and a carefully finished construction this guitar is a real pleasure to play.
With an arched, solid maple top and solid mahogany body this guitar has a really warm tone with plenty of midrange punch. The neck is solid mahogany with an Indian rosewood fretboard, its smooth and incredibly comfortable for both chords and lead playing.
Style and Substance
The combination of a stunning finish on the body and a dark, rich looking neck means this guitar looks genuinely amazing. Sound transfer is supplied –typically for Duesenberg – pair of Grand Vintage humbuckers at the bridge and neck. Each one is incredibly well setup and gives you some truly amazing sounds.
These guitars look great, sound amazing and are built to exacting standards.
Here's what Duesenberg have to say about the 59er
The instruments of the 59er series combine the best properties of the 49er and the 52 Senior. The body is made of solid mahogany with a thick maple top, and it is - like the 52 Senior - chambered, which means that certain areas are hollow. The outcome of this construction is not only a lighter weight, but also a very special tonal quality which blends perfectly with the two Duesenberg Grand Vintage humbuckers.
- Type: traditionally glued in
- Wood: 1-piece mahogany
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: indian rosewood
- Radius: 30,5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: pearloid diamonds
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 650 mm / 25.6"
- Trussrod: steel dual-action
- Headstock: rosewood
- Type: solid mahogany with sound chambers
- Top: arched solid maple
- Size: 44 x 32,5 x 5,8 cm / 17.32" x 12.6" x 2.26"
- Binding: cream
- Pickguard: black
- Finish: PUR lacquer
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremelo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola, short
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
- Tools: all required allen keys (included)