The range of CI Interfaces from Steinberg are simple USB interfaces to give you high quality sound input and output for your PC or Mac. They integrate particularly well with Steinberg's own recording software: Cubase.
The CI2+ expands on the CI2 with the included Cubase Essential 5 software an the added professional touch of a more versatile controller that incorporates record and transport functions as well as tactile control of various parameters in the software.
This is what Steinberg say about the CI2 Plus
CI2+ and Cubase Essential 5 present the ideal tool kit for singers and songwriters looking to record vocal lines, preparing playbacks and creating entire songs. The +48 V phantom power of the CI2+'s two high-quality mic preamps provide all capabilities necessary to connect any microphone for recording vocal tracks
Cubase Essential 5 offers virtual instruments and sounds for creating professional-sounding accompaniments, such as playback for vocal exercises or even an entire demo. Various effect plug-ins for editing vocals are readily available and easy to control with the CI2+'s AI Knob. The CI2+'s interface comes with a footswitch connector enabling hands-free recording in Cubase Essential 5. Here you have the choice between 14 different amp and 10 speaker cabinet emulations thanks to the AmpSimulator.
- A no-worry full-system solution to record music at an unbeatable price point
- Easy to use as a beginner with plug & play functionality
- Two high-quality mic preamps with +48 V phantom power and a fully USB-powered audio interface
- Outstanding engineering and component quality: precision components, manufactured by Yamaha in Japan to exacting standards
- Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the
- Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project
- Cross-platform support on Mac OS X, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7