Please note: This version of the pedal has a Latching switch.
Here's what Fuzzrocious say about the Cat King
The Cat King is the “king sized” version of our Cat Tail, a low to high gain distortion with overdrive capabilities (some even say at high gain settings, it sounds like a fuzz).
This circuit is based on a well-loved, classic distortion that make a clean amp dirty and a dirty amp disgusting.
We have tweaked the original circuit to better meet the needs of guitarists and bassists alike.
With the addition of a diode toggle for extra tweakability for clipping options, we have added to the modifications the Beavis double resistor mod (Clipping 1 and 2 pots) to allow the user to subtly fine tune how the signal clips on the highs and lows.
- VOLUME – makes the output of the circuit louder or quieter.
- TONE FILTER – moves from treble to bass when turned clockwise. There is a general high mids presence in most tone settings with little
to no bass loss.
- DISTORTION 1 & 2 POTS– moves from a little to no drive/distortion to high distortion when turned clockwise.
- CLIPPING 1 & 2 POTS – fine tunes how the signal clips on the highs and lows. To start, roll them both back, then slowly roll them
clockwise to find your personal taste in clipping of your signal.
- DIODE TOGGLE – connects to the Diode pot to blend between 1n914 silicon diodes and LEDs. Toggle up means the diodes are active;
down means no diodes are active (less compressed, more open sounding).
- DIODE – (see explanation in “DIODE TOGGLE” above)
- FEEDBACK – connects to the feedback footswitch to control the feeding back of the circuit’s signal into itself to let you makes lots of