The Cap-10 America is the hero we've all been waiting for!
Originally this guitar was designed with the guys from Riff City in America and because it was so popular, we're bringing it to the UK.
The ML-1 CAP10 was originally an offspin of the standard ML-1 designed by Captain Lee himself. Essentially, he wanted some of the specs from his favourite Strat to be used in the design process of his own signature Chapman. He wanted a mahogany body, because that was what his Strat had, combined with the super-versatile HSH pickup configuration.
Seymour Duncan pickups and other high spec appointments like a TUSQ nut and Wilkinson Trem means you get a lot of bang for your buck. You could easily pay double the price for a guitar with these qualities!
There are a few cool changes that are worth noting:
- The Maple neck will give your tone a bit more attack and add brightness. This works especially well with humbucking pickups for extra clarity.
- The Brass saddles will give you more sustain as this harder material lets the string ring out for longer.
- The Red Burst finish will make this look like a vintage guitar but with Chapmans high-spec modern construction.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
The CAP10 America comes ready to go as a Blues/Rock machine. The Duncan Custom bridge is hot enough to provide you with clear soaring lead tones without ever sounding too thin. The 59 in the neck will cool things down to provide a bold, sweet tone and having the single-coil in the middle position means you can get the holy-grail S type tones in position 2 and 4.
So this CAP10 America is all you would expect from an ML-1 with a few special additions and of course it comes with a Chapman Deluxe gigbag to take you on your next tour!
- Solid Mahogany Body with Rolled Edges
- 25.5" Scale Length
- Maple Neck
- Maple Fingerboard
- Thin C Neck Contour
- Recessed Bolt-on Neck Construction
- 13.8" Fretboard Radius
- 22 Extra Jumbo Frets
- 42mm TUSQ Nut
- Wilkinson WVPCR Tremolo
- 1 × Seymour Duncan '59 (neck)
- 1 × Seymour Duncan Vintage Hot Stack Single Coil (middle)
- 1 x Seymour Duncan Custom (bridge)
- Hard case, Tools, Tremolo Arm + Extra Spring
- 5-Way Toggle
- Master Volume
- Master Tone