The Studio Electronics Boomstar 4075 analog synthesizer module offers the musician an opportunity to get an all-analogue sound with modern technology and capabilities. If you always wanted a classic analog synth, this might be a great alternative due to a pair of versatile oscillators and an authentic sounding ARP2600 low pass filter. Studio Electronics have drawn their experience from nearly 35 years of making high end analog synthesizers so have the knowledge and pedigree to faithfully create the circuitry for a rich and versatile sound.
There's plenty of space to play around on the Boomstar with various routing and modulation controls, and onnboard midi circuitry ensures full integration into your rig.The Boomstar feels like a quality unit, with 31 tactile, smooth turning pots and 20 sturdy toggle switches providing even the most creative of sound designers and live performers the control to make truly unique sounds. Also at your disposal are 10 quick turn shaft pots with mixer controls including Ring Modulation, Noise control, Filter Feedback and VCO Levels offering quick and easy global sonic changes that can be subtle or mind-blowing.
The discrete Boomstar desktop Synthesizer module is meticulously crafted with hand matched transistors but is no museum piece. Its rugged shell is designed to last a lifetime, and its magical circuitry sparks the inspiration of all who use it.
Here's what Studio Electronics say about the Boomstar Synth
Back to the raw power and purity of non-programmable discrete analog, where STUDIO ELECTRONICS started in 1985. The snap and punch of hardware envelopes drive the BOOMSTAR's brilliant voltage controlled circuits with unparalleled sonic integrity and versatility. BOOMSTAR is the ultimate desktop analog synthesizer for those who remember and desire still, the electronic Analog sound that changed the world, and for seekers who have yet to discover that magic and delight... in their time.
- An old-school all-analog synthesizer module built for modern artists and composers
- All discrete circuity features hand-matched transistors in the filter and amp
- 31 pots, 2 rotary switches, and 18 toggle switches let you shape your tone dynamically
- Dual oscillators, multiple modulation sources, and powerful mixing capability provide enough hands-on controls to satisfy the most diehard synth nut
- Outfitted with a classic ARP 2600-style 24dB/octave lowpass filter
- All-metal chassis and top-quality components mounted in a through-hole circuit board provides a lifetime of quality performance
- Control voltage, gate, and external input connectivity provide compatibility with other analog synths
- MIDI I/O with learn mode makes connecting to the rest of your gear easy
- MIDI overflow function lets you daisy chain multiple Boomstar models together for a polyphonic arrangement