Auralia 4 Aural Training Software - Student Edition
Installation on one computer only. Limit of three (3) students whose scores may be tracked using this Student Edition. Cannot be networked and is not suitable for school use.
Improving your chops doesn't have to be all about your instrument. Your ears are just as important when it comes to being a musician, and Auralia 4 from Avid and Rising Software will help you hone your listening skills thanks to a range of interactive exercises and lessons. Great for beginners and veteran musicians to improve their overall musicianship.
Here's what Avid say about Auralia 4
With 41 topics, Auralia is a comprehensive ear training package! Featuring drill-based teaching, Auralia offers a fun and easy way to use your computer for ear training. Auralia leads you through a variety of graded exercises, and presents instant feedback. All of your results are recorded, and you can sing or play your answers using your microphone or MIDI keyboard. Auralia is suitable for both classical and contemporary musicians of any age and ability!
NEW IN AURALIA 4
- Ear training and aural testing
- Frees up hours of teaching time
- Hundreds of exercises in 41 topics
- Support for multiple syllabi
- Enhanced notation
- Bright new interface
- Monitors student progress
- Suitable for all ages and levels
- Now available for Mac and Windows
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Auralia 4 is available for Windows and Mac
- Windows: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 512MB+ RAM, 200MB hard disk space, CD-ROM drive.
- Mac: Intel processors only, Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later, Mac OS X 10.5 or Mac OS X 10.6, 512MB+ RAM, 200MB hard disk space, CD-ROM drive.
- All platforms: Microphone optional
- Versions of Windows earlier than Windows XP are no longer supported, and Macs with PowerPC processors (e.g. PowerMac G4, PowerMac G5, original iMac, PowerBook G4, etc.) or versions of Mac OS X prior to Mac OS X 10.4 cannot use Musition 4.
- Lab packs and networkable site licenses of Auralia 4 are also available (details on request).
MUSITION 4 AND AURALIA 4 CHANGES
Cross-platform compatibility-For the very first time, Auralia 4 and Musition 4 are available on Windows and Mac simultaneously, with the same feature set!
If your school has a mixed-platform network, the new versions of Auralia and Musition make this easy to deal with too. Not only is the software the same on all computers, regardless of platform, but every computer can communicate with a single network database, whether the client or server computers run Windows or Mac OS X.
Courses - The new Courses feature has been designed to makes navigating the topics and lessons of Auralia 4 and Musition 4 much easier. A Course will automatically guide students through various topics, levels and lessons steadily building essential Aural and Theory skills.
AP1 Music Theory Support - Auralia 4 and Musition 4 now include support for AP Music Theory, including a customized syllabus, plus courses and tests to make student preparation for AP Music Theory exams. (NEEDS TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING FOOTNOTE ASSOCIATED WITH THE 1 in the TITLE AP1 Music Theory: 1 AP is a registered trademark of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.
Solfège Support - In addition to the existing on-screen guitar and keyboard controllers, Auralia 4 and Musition 4 now feature an on-screen Solfège controller. This exciting new feature allows students to see questions displayed using Solfège note names (Do, Re, Mi, Fa etc.) and enter their answers the same way.
Lessons - In version 4, all lessons have been refreshed, updated and expanded. Every screen now features a clean modern look and notation examples can be easily played back, simply by clicking on the notation with your mouse.
Interface - The new versions of Auralia and Musition have a fresh new interface, retaining the trademark ease-of-use of prior versions, and allowing users to easily access the new Courses feature. Every screen has been revised, with a renewed emphasis on consistency and ease-of-use.