Singers mainly used to leave all the vocal effects and technical stuff to the sound engineer, with only the most forward thinking performers experimenting with technology to enhance their performance. The Voicelive 3 revolutionised a vocalist's options, providing the singer with top quality effects for both vocals and guitar in a system that anyone could use.
TC helicon have built a name for themselves as having some of the best live vocalist tools out in the market, including natural sounding harmony pedals, reverb and EQ. The Voicelive pedal combines all these fantastic effects and adds fantastic quality guitar effects from its sister company TC Electronic, who are well established for their pedals and amp tones.
More Memory, More Functionality
The VoiceLive 3 Extreme pedal takes this functionality to the next level! Not just a simple upgrade, Extreme has 4 times the memory storage built in for loops and a new function to add your own backing tracks that you can control yourself on-stage rather than having to rely on communicating with someone else.
You can even automate your effects onto a track so that you you don't need to mess around with your feet, getting the right settings mid-song. Set your Effects markers in preparation and you can just focus on your vocal performance when gig time comes. Sing along to the track and your chosen effect or harmony will kick in just the way you want so that you can feel and appreciate that satisfaction in the enhanced level of performance.
Record your Performance in 24bit Quality
Another new feature is a Performance recorder that records your live performances directly onto a compatible USB flash drive in 24-bit audio quality. This is fantastic if you're a singer songwriter that has a very small setup to take from gig to gig, but you want to make both live recordings of your performances and recorded demos so that you can promote yourself out there.
Here's what TC Helicon Say about the Voicelive 3 Extreme
ABSOLUTE PERFORMANCE POWER
- Connect with your audience like never before. Groundbreaking FX automation and backing track playback sets you free to focus solely on your performance, while awe-inspiring vocal effects and rich guitar sounds run effortlessly by themselves. From the first song idea to the execution of complex live arrangements, everything you’ve worked for comes together in VoiceLive 3 Extreme.
- NEW! Backing track import with FX automation for “tap-dance free” performances, synchronized to tracks
- NEW! Performance recorder for live direct 24-bit audio, output to a USB flash drive
- A complete vocal sound with next generation harmony processing, effects and tonal quality
- A complete guitar sound via TC Electronic stomp box effects, Amp Tones and flexible output configurations to your amp or PA
- Powerful 3-phrase looping lets you create and store entire songs on-the-fly
Practice Made Perfect
If VoiceLive® products are the stepping-stone to studio perfection in live performance, VoiceLive 3 Extreme is the one completing the journey. It all starts in rehearsal with you loading up a backing track. Whether it’s just drums, bass, or a full band mix-down, VoiceLive 3 Extreme lets you capture all your FX changes synced to your track; harmonies, delays, guitar FX, anything you can think of. You can even record speedy FX changes that would otherwise be physically impossible using the switches alone. It ends with you on stage. Simply pressing play on VoiceLive 3 Extreme and an amazing thing happens – your track plays back with all the FX changes you perfected at home, completely automated for your performance. You’re free to connect with your audience and everyone around you. All that hard work you did before the gig – making your song sound just right – is heard every time you perform.
- Up to 100 audio backing tracks can be loaded for live accompaniment via a standard USB drive
- MP3 and 16/24-bit WAV import formats supported
- Onboard sequencer records and plays back FX and Stepactivations live
- Backing tracks/sequences load quickly via associated presets
- Icon-based play/record/editing interface and waveform display
Extremely Inspired Production Quality
The inspiration that follows from carefully planning out your songs with backing tracks and FX sequencing is beautifully matched by the onboard audio recorder that allows you to capture everything you do in glorious 24-bit quality. Record every live performance, every home practice all with professional studio fidelity and effects – both vocal and guitar. Turn your tour into EP material or your late night jams into SoundCloud gold. It’s all possible with just your talent, VoiceLive 3 Extreme and a USB flash drive.
Your Voice, Front and Center
With a mind-blowing vocal FX path featuring 11 independent effects blocks, over 180 different pre-programmed styles and more than 250 factory
presets available right out of the box (and more available for free download), VoiceLive 3 Extreme represents the absolute pinnacle of singers’
technology and is the perfect partner for your voice.
- Exciting and unique Harmony sounds: choose from NaturalPlay, Scale, Pedal, Fixed, MIDI Notes or Mixed-Mode for expanded voicing and musical possibilities
- Authentic Vocoder, with voice-controlled Polyphonic Synth and Robot modes, allows you to play your voice like an instrument
- Automatically and professionally produced vocal sound with enhanced Adaptive Tone™
- Improved suite of our renowned vocal effects including Doubling, Harmony, Echo, Reverb, HardTune, Flanger, Synth, Chopper, Choir and more
- 250+ factory presets, with onboard storage for 500 presets in total. Download and manage more presets via our free VoiceSupportapp
No-Compromise Guitar FX and Amp Tones
Our sister company is legendary guitar FX manufacturer TC Electronic. By including some of the most popular sounds from their TonePrint pedals like Flashback Delay, Hall of Fame Reverb, Corona Chorus, and Vortex Flanger, we’ve designed the Guitar section of VoiceLive 3 Extreme to rival even the most pristine pedal-boards out there. Add to that the full gamut of great tone classics such as Wah, Octave, Tremolo and Drive and you’ve got an unbeatable piece of guitar road-kit.
- TC Electronic TonePrint FX styles from Flashback Delay, Hall of Fame Reverb, Corona Chorus and more
- Talkbox, Chopper, Bass, Wah, Compressor and Drive guitar effects
- A wide choice of amp emulations from vintage British to classic American, when bringing your own amp isn’t practical
- BodyRez™ acoustic guitar processing restores the organic tone of your electro-acoustic
- Guitar chords automatically guide vocal Harmony, HardTune, Synth and Vocoder effects
Building Better Songs with Loops
Featuring 4 times the storage of VoiceLive 3, VoiceLive 3 Extreme enables you to store every loop snippet or idea you have, allowing you to experiment with real-time song creation and exciting loop jams right until you drop. The smart LoopAssist™ and metronome functions help you to make tighter loops effortlessly and auto-expand allowing for different loop lengths. Hours of looping time and infinite overdubs let you create entire album collections of songs – and store them for instant recall.
- Powerful multi-track looper with intuitive control layout and infinite overdubs
- 3-phrase looping with selectable layering and serial techniques, help you create intricate songs and on-the-spot arrangements
- LoopAssist™ with smart metronome, quantize and MIDI Sync for perfectly synced loops
- Auto expansion of loop length allows you to create long loops on top of short ones and vice versa, without having to set up timing beforehand
- 50 loop slots store up to 3 loops of 8 minutes each
What makes VoiceLive 3 Extreme an incredibly flexible performance system is the dedicated stereo vocal and stereo guitar amp outputs. Send your guitar sound directly to your favorite amp completely independent of the vocal output going to the PA – it even works when you’re looping! On top of dedicated stereo PA and Guitar outputs, you get separate monitor and headphone mix outputs, with a monitor mix input. Also included are our RoomSense™ microphones for controlling harmony and adding ambience to your monitor mix, as well as two control inputs for expression pedals or Switch-3/Switch-6.
4-channel stereo outputs with dedicated vocal and guitar channels
- Independent headphone mix
- Stereo 1/8” auxiliary input
- Mic input accepts XLR and 1/4” jacks
- XLR Monitor-Mix input and pass-through to other monitors
Total Performance Control
VoiceLive 3 Extreme is designed to empower you in performance, giving you easy access to presets and sounds while providing complete customization of footswitch functions and deep edit control. The LAYER button allows you to switch between the Vocal, Guitar or Looper/Backing track control layers. Each layer gives you instant access to layer-specific functions via the footswitches, with the LCD display showing a clear view of which footswitch controls what effect.
- Consistent 3-layer UI philosophy. Vocals, Guitar and Looper/Backing Track each have their own performance access footswitch layout
- Stompbox-style access to individual effects in both vocal and guitar layers
- LCD display shows current footswitch labels
- Complete customization of footswitch assignments across layers to suit your personal style and requirements
But Wait… There’s More!
Like VoiceLive 3, VoiceLive 3 Extreme has hundreds of additional features to make you stand out as a singer, guitar player and performer. If you’re upgrading from VoiceLive 2, there are dozens of new functions to discover and an army of upgrades and improvements.
Guitar & Headphone Cable
VoiceLive 3 Extreme comes with a specially designed combination Guitar & Headphone Cable that not only facilitates easy in-ear monitoring but allows you to practice without an amp – and gives you ample freedom to move while you rock out.
Endless Styles and Genres
The GENRE feature allows you to easily browse hundreds of presets by style, effects type and artists. Choose a genre that suits you and VoiceLive 3 Extreme will list the presets that fit your preference. Perfect for when you’re looking for that specific sound or need inspiration for your next song.
Make It a HIT
The HIT button turns on multiple effects at once to add FX layers or to create quick A/B scenes for each preset. Use it to add dazzling vocal effects for the chorus, strip down a guitar part for the verse or even a combination of both vocal and guitar effects changes – you decide!
Get Loud, No Clipping
The automatic Mic Gain feature takes the guesswork out of setting your input level properly. Simply sing your loudest into the mic and VoiceLive 3 Extreme will set your mic gain automatically for the best signal-to-noise ratio and freedom from nasty input distortion.
Control It From Your Mic
Add remote Mic Control™ with the TC-Helicon MP-75, MP-76 or Sennheiser e835 FX microphones for additional control of presets, performance, effects and looping while you’re performing