Avid Mbox Pro (Hardware only, no software)
The latest Pro Tools Mbox family sports a sleek new look as well as upgraded components for a clearer signal path and the best analogue to digital conversion in a Pro Tools LE System to date.
Here's what Avid say about the Mbox Pro
Professionals around the world have long been using Pro Tools systems to create award-winning music and sound for film and TV. Now you can get the same world-class results in your personal studio with Pro Tools Mbox Pro-a complete, integrated, computer-based music creation and production system. Designed by the same engineering team responsible for our high-end Pro Tools|HD systems, the Mbox Pro hardware interface features a premium analog signal path and high-performance converters for exceptional sound. Mbox Pro provides third-party drivers for rock-solid integration with nearly every popular audio recording application.
Designed by the same engineering team behind our top-of-the-line Pro Tools|HD systems, the Mbox Pro interface features advanced recording technology for exceptional quality. A premium analog signal path and high-performance 24-bit, 192kHz* converters deliver pristine sound. Stringent testing standards ensure rock-solid performance in the most demanding environments. And of course, Mbox Pro is designed for ultra-tight integration with Pro Tools LE software (not included), which is based on the same platform trusted by professional musicians, engineers, and producers around the world.
The Mbox Pro interface is also compatible with other major recording applications, so you can make music any way you want. All-new drivers provide superior performance with Logic, Live, Record, Reason, Fruity Loops, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and more. So go ahead, use your favorite third-party DAW from start to finish-or record with Pro Tools LE software to ensure your sessions are compatible with pro studios around the world. No matter how you work, you'll sound great with Mbox Pro.
The Mbox Pro interface is packed with tons of advanced features that make it easy to get great results. Mbox Pro provides the same professional-grade soft-clip limiter circuit found in our high-end Pro Tools|HD 192 I/O audio interface, so you can track much hotter signals without overloading the inputs and clipping. Built-in reverb helps you deliver more inspiring vocal and instrumental performances-without taxing your computer processor. The integrated guitar tuner enables you to tune your guitar, bass, and other instruments directly from the interface. And a Pro Tools multi-function button makes it easy to access common software parameters-like tap session tempo, start/stop record, and create a new track-right from the front of the interface. With Mbox Pro, your sessions will move at the speed of your creativity.
* Up to 96 kHz sample rates supported with Pro Tools LE software.
- Mbox Pro is the ultimate high-definition recording interface, packing a wide range of analog and digital I/O connections into a desktop audio workstation.
- Compatible with most major audio software (Pro Tools LE, Logic, Live, Cubase, and more)
- FireWire connection
- Professional-grade circuitry and converters deliver exceptional audio performance
- Up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rates*
- Soft-clip limiter lets you track hot signals without clipping-providing a classic overdriven tape saturation sound
- Built-in guitar tuner
- Onboard DSP offers flexible cue mixing and reverb effects
- Assignable Pro Tools multi-function button on interface gives you fast access to Pro Tools software functions
- Connect up to three pairs of monitors or do 5.1 surround mixing**
- 8 x 8 simultaneous channels of I/O
- 4 mic inputs with 48 V phantom power and high pass filter (2 XLR/DI combo, 2 XLR)
- 4 1/4" TRS line inputs
- 2 unbalanced Alt line inputs (2 RCA, 1 mini 1/8")
- 6 1/4" TRS balanced line outputs
- 2 discrete 1/4" stereo headphone outputs with separate volume controls
- Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
- 1 MIDI input, 1 MIDI output
- Word clock I/O
- Monitor control section with Mono, Mute, Dim, Alt Source, and Speaker A/B/C switching controls
- Dedicated monitor volume knob
- * Up to 96 kHz sample rates supported with Pro Tools LE software.
- ** Mixing 5.1 surround sound in Pro Tools LE requires Complete Production Toolkit