With '60s charm, and distinctively-cool styling, the Coronado bass is back! Fender's Coronado Bass represents a milestone in Fender's history - the Coronado series represented Fender's first designs for a hollow-body bass guitars.
Now the Coronado bass is back, and cooler than ever in a modern context.
Featuring Fidelitron Humbucker Bass pickups, and a strikingly-vintage trapeze bridge, the Coronado bass screams of vintage "cool". No matter how distinctly styled a Coronado is, its design fits in with many genres of music and types of playing style. Another timeless Fender bass!
Here's what Fender say about the Coronado Bass
The Coronado Bass guitar is back, with greater sound, build and beauty than ever for the bassist who appreciates a different Fender bass with a special history. In the mid-to-late 1960s, the Coronado family was Fender's first foray into the hollow-body electric instrument world. Now the Coronado name and style returns to Fender as an utterly cool new bass in the Modern Player family, with stunning looks, tone and features.
The Fender Coronado Bass guitar's thin semi-hollow maple body has an alder center-block and bound top and back, with stylish bound f-holes. Its "C"-shaped maple neck has a 9.5"-radius white-bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 medium jumbo frets and elegant white pearloid block inlays. Other distinctive features include dual Fideli'Tron humbucking pickups with three-way toggle switching, three-ply black pickguard, four skirted "amp"-style control knobs (volume and tone for each pickup) and an Adjusto-Matic bridge with floating "F" trapeze tailpiece. Available in gorgeous 3-Color Sunburst, Black, Candy Apple Red and Aged Cherry Burst gloss finishes.
- Model Name: Coronado Bass, Rosewood Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
- Model Number: 0243200500
- Series: Modern Player
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Material: Laminated Maple with Alder Center-Block
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Other
- Body Binding: Bound Top and Back
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Truss Rods: Standard
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: Fideli'Tron Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Fideli'Tron Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: HH
- Bridge: Pinned Adjusto-Matic with Floating "F" Trapeze Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Semi-Hollow Body with Center-Block, Distinctive Coronado Headstock Shape, Bound Top, Back, Fingerboard and "F"-Holes, Vintage Tinted Neck, Vintage Style Skirted Control Knobs, Single Disk String Tree, Fender Engraved Neck Plate