Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe Compressor Pedal in Inverted Black
Origin Effects' Cali76 is regarded as one of, if not the best compressor pedal available on the market today. Designed to give you a useable, studio-quality compressor sound in a compact form-factor, the Cali76 is simple to use without any over-complicated controls.
The Cali76 Compact Deluxe will allow you to fine tune the compression on your guitar by separately adjusting the attack, release and ratio. You can take the pedal from mildly squashed for sustaining to solos, to super-compressed funk. Origin Effects modelled this compressor on the famed 1176, and even matched the compression curves from their pedals to the 1176.
The Jewel Light Meter
The Jewel light will act as a VU meter for you to visually monitor how much of your signal is being compressed. If you want less compression and more dynamic range, you can turn down the ratio switch and push more dry signal into your amplifier.
No Battery - And For Good Reason!
The Cali76 is a mains-powered pedal only. It doesn't feature a 9V battery slot, which allowed Origin Effects to squeeze more essential circuitry and high-quality components into the enclosure. They've also made the pedal flexible in terms of the voltage it uses. You can run the pedal on 9V or 18V, with more voltage resulting in greater headroom for a more open sound.
Here's what Origin Effects says about The Cali76 Deluxe:
The Cali76 Compact Deluxe is an 1176-style studio-grade FET compressor Featuring high-current, low-noise, discrete Class-A circuitry and a dedicated parallel compression control… all contained in one compact, stompbox-sized package!
We’ve managed to build all of the functionality from our flagship Cali76 Standard into this little marvel – and we’ve added the much-requested parallel mix control previously only found on our limited editions.
Separate controls for Attack, Release and Ratio let you precisely tailor your tone, from transparent transient control to flat-out limiting and monster sustain. Meanwhile, the elegant jewel lamp functions as an intuitive three-colour gain reduction meter.
- 100% Class-A discrete signal path
- Classic, ultra fast “FET” response
- Studio-grade discrete-transistor preamp
- Dedicated Attack, Release and Ratio controls
- Dry Blend control for parallel compression
- Rugged jewel-lamp gain reduction metering
- Optimised for guitar but can process any source
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Ultra-wide frequency response
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- Flexible external power requirements (9-18V DC)
- PSU Spec. 77mA @ 9V / 104mA @ 18V
- Designed and built in England
Mr John Maycraft4th Nov 2022
Ian Venner18th Dec 2021
Mr Matthew Sharp7th May 2021
Mr Lauri Paivarinta11th Dec 2020
Trusted Customer6th Jul 2020
Mr Carl Dale4th Jun 2020
Trusted Customer3rd May 2020
Dean Robertson6th Nov 2019
Lutz17th Oct 2019
Trusted Customer6th Oct 2019
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+