Old Blood Noise Endeavors are all about ambience and painting serene guitar landscapes. The Rever follows up the every-growing popularity of delay and reverb combo pedals making it into so many modern guitarists' rigs.
Collaborating with US-based band Datachoir, OBNE were inspired to create new textures using modulated reverb and swooning reverse effects.
The Rever is built around two signal blocks - one side and one footswitch controlling the reverse effect in optional momentary or latchable modes. So you can either go into the studio or live setting building your tone around it, or simply hold down momentarily to add a new flavour to your sound.
It results in a washy, yet smooth wave you can use to define the effect or layer in a more subtle fashion depending on the Order toggle selection. Better still, use the Rever with an expression pedal to flick between hard and soft blends in seconds.
Reverb and Delay
You'll find the combination of reverb and delay on the other side of the Rever pedal. This is the foundation to your sound, and there's a huge amount of tweaking you can do to the effects. Shape the delay with Time and Field parameters and use Modulation and Field dials when constructing the potency of the reverb.
With so much control over the order of the effects and the intensity of each block, the Rever is a pedal made to put a stamp on your signature sound.
- Reverb section - controls for mix, modulation and reverb length
- Delay section - controls for volume, delay time, and feedback
- Reverse section - controls for latching or momentary operation and blend between reverse and dry signal
- Order switching - put reverse first for ambient wash or last for glitchy textures
- Expression jack - for external control of the Reverse mix
- Internal trimpot - to control output level
- Relay bypass switching
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU