Here's what Fender say about the Elite Jazz:
Packed to the gills with our latest revolutionary innovations, the American Elite Jazz Bass is an active bass for the modern bassist who demands cutting-edge tone technology along with timeless style and fast, smooth playing feel. Its versatile sound easily matches any playing style—picked, plucked or slap-and-pop—while its standout looks remain authentically Fender, with a fresh twist.
All-new American Elite Neck
Designed for 21st-century players, the American Elite Series sports a new compound neck profile designed for comfort and the ultimate playability. A modern "C"-shape at the nut, the rear of the neck morphs along the length of the neck to a modern "D"-shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of ergonomic support.
All-new 4th Generation Noiseless Pickups
With the all-new 4th generation Noiseless pickups, exclusive to the American Elite Series, we’ve achieved the sonic equivalent of cold fusion—authentic vintage-style Fender sound combined with noise-free performance. A quantum leap in pickup technology, these bleeding-edge pickups are the pinnacle of our pickup designs, offering crisp, clear cleans as well as gigantic overdriven tones that are bursting with pure rock power.
All-new American Elite Neck Heel
For improved upper register access and elegantly functional modern style, the American Elite Series' new cutaway neck heel blends into the asymmetrical neck volute for comfortably enhanced playing feel.
New 18V Preamp
The redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality, creating chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise. Working in tandem with the muscular Noiseless pickups, the new preamp adds a even more tonal versatility to your instrument.
New Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
The new truss rod adjustment wheel makes it a snap to adjust the instrument's neck relief.
All-new American Elite Case
The redesigned Elite Molded Case features body-hugging contours to provide increased protection for your cherished instrument, nested stacking ability for easy storage and more secure transport and TSA latches for increased security.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21 Fret Size Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Middle Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode. In Passive Mode, Only The Volume, Pan and Passive Tone Controls Function. In Active Mode, All Controls Function.
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical