Unlike anything we have ever seen before from the legendary luthiers, the Fender Parallel Universe II Maverick Dorado is as unique as they come. This is a kaleidoscope of exciting hardware, chunky-sounding pickups and an inspiring Pine Green body.
The Maverick Dorado is made of a classic alder, combined with a maple neck and a luxurious ebony fingerboard. The '60s 'C' shape neck is coated in a nitro lacquer, which will wear in depending on your playing technique. A truly personal instrument. This is a fast playing guitar at a 24.75-inch scale length, housing 22 medium jumbo frets. Hardware appointments include a vintage Bigsby bridge, a bone nut and Fender's Deluxe Cast tuners.
This is where Parallel Universe guitars come into their own. In stark contrast to standard American Original single coils, the Dorado is equipped with two Filter'Tron humbucker pickups. Keeping within the realms of '60s tone, Filter'Trons produce superb clarity while retaining the warmth of low output windings.
- Series: Parallel Universe Volume II
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Mystic Pine Green
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Maverick
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 24.75" (629 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Bridge Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Neck Pickup: Tim Shaw-Designed Pickup with Filter’Tron Cover
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron™ / Filter'Tron™
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic™
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed with Pearl Buttons
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White "Witch Hat"
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)