Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
The Dingwall NG-3 is the signature instrument of Adam “Nolly” Getgood, the powerhouse bassist for progressive metal heavyweights, Periphery. The bass is inspired by the Combustion model; however, it has been given its own unique look and feel. An alder body with a maple neck and fretboard, plus a custom made Darkglass Tone Capsule preamp makes it an impressive new addition to the Dingwall family. This version includes 3 pickups, 4-strings and boasts a striking Purple Metallic finish with a matching headstock.
Electronics & Hardware
Hand selected FD-3N pickups bring an aggressive, smooth tone to the table, as well as a much higher output. This is all down to the Neodymium magnets which were chosen to suit the exact specifications that Dingwall required. A lightweight open back tuner builds on the smooth feel, while granting years of hassle-free bass playing. They were specially chosen to make future upgrades and replacements amazingly straightforward. This is due to them having the exact same hole specs as Hipshot and Gotoh tuners.
A reassuringly warm tone with thick lows, powerful mids and dampened highs is the trademark sound of an alder body. It is the traditional wood usually utilised for the construction of an electric bass and the NG-3 is no exception. The remarkably low weight (8.75lbs) also reduces the likelihood of fatigue while playing, making it great for long shows and practice sessions! An added industry standard finish not only looks good, but is likely to last for many years, with a low amount of wear.
The implementation of a 5-piece maple neck has been proven to offer a very reliable and stable platform. Some Dingwall users even say it’s as good as their graphite necked instruments! Pairing incredibly light import tuners with a streamlined Afterburner headstock has resulted in further balance and improved performance.
Maple for the fretboard was intentionally chosen for its snappier top end; the overall attack of the note is noticeably increased when compared with some other woods. Playability has been enhanced further thanks to 18% hard nickel silver fretwire. Smaller frets mean more speed and a woodier, less metallic tone.
- Finish: Purple Metallic (Matching Headstock)
- 4-String E A D G
- Strap Pins: Standard
- Bridge: Available Bridge/Saddle and Custom Riser System
- Tuner: Open Back Tuner
- Hardware Colour: Smoked Chrome
- Pickups: x3 FD-3N Pickups (Made to Dingwall Specs)
- Standard Electronics: Master Volume, 4 Position Rotary Pickup Selector, 3-Band Darkglass Pre-Amp with an Active/Passive Toggle Switch. The 4 Pickup Positions are 1. Bridge Soloed, 2. Bridge/Neck in Parallel, 3. Bridge/Neck in Series, 4. Neck Soloed
- Pickup Switching: Rotary Pickup Selector
- Knobs: Smoked Chrome Knurled Push-on Knobs
- Jack: Switchcraft Brand Jack
- Neck Construction: 5-Piece Maple
- Neck Carve: Medium Thin C Shape
- Neck Reinforcement: Heavy Duty Truss-Rod
- Headstock: Flat (String Retaining Bar)
- Standard Fingerboard: Maple
- Radius: 240mm (9.45")
- Fret Options: 18% Hard Nickel Silver Fretwire
- Position Markers and Inlays: 3mm Plastic Face Dots, 2mm Plastic Side Dot
- Body: Core Wood – 2-3pc Alder
- Weight (Average): 8.75lbs
- Pickguard Options: Carbon Fibre Print (Black)