Free Sounds with the Novation Sound Collective!
If You Purchase And Register Any Novation Gear, You'll Get Professional-grade Software Completely Free - With New Offers Throughout The Year!
Novation make some of the most popular synths and controllers on the market. To ensure that you get the most out of your Novation gear, they’ve teamed up with software developers and plugin creators to offer you brand new sounds free of charge!
What is the Novation Sound Collective?
The Sound Collective, much like Focusrite’s Plugin Collective, offers registered Novation users access to exclusive plugins and sounds free of charge.
Throughout the year, Novation will be teaming up with some of the most innovative developers in the business to bring you pro-grade, inspiring sounds. All you need to do is register!
Current offer: ROLI Studio Player & ROLI Studio Drums
9th of April - 11th of June: ROLI Studio Player & ROLI Studio Drums
From the 9th of April to 11th of June 2020, you'll be able to download both ROLI Studio Player and ROLI Studio drums completely free! Both of these intuitive pieces of software will propel your productions to new heights thanks to supreme sonics and hands-on, performance friendly controls.
Through ROLI Studio player, you'll have immediate access to literally hundreds of synth basses, leads, pads FX and more. These are generated through the Strobe2, Cypher2 and Equator engines.
ROLI Studio Drums on the other hand is a groundbreaking piece of tech; it's the worlds first desktop MPE drum plugin, packed with 15 preset, 16-pad sampled and synthesised drum/percussion kits.
ROLI Studio Player's presets and ROLI Studio Drums' percussion pads both feature predefined, macro controls. These can be harnessed to take direct control of filters, envelopes, dynamics, tuning and other parameters to shape and mould your sounds.
These can then be then be transformed further via the four effects inserts. These all utilise a series of modules (distortion, delay, chorus, reverb etc) and have two XY pad triggered parameters each. ROLI Studio Player's arpeggiator and smart chords allow you to create scale-snapped chords from a single note, and build multi-layered arpeggios respectively.
ROLI Studio Player - Key Features
- Output MIDI data via your arpeggiator and smart chords (VST only).
- Four audio effects inserts, each boasting a variety of different modules.
- Three layer arpeggiator allows you to craft layered, constantly evolving sequences.
- Smart chords module produces chord progressions from just a single note.
- Tweak preset-specific settings using the XY pad and three macro sliders.
- Extensive library of selected Strobe2, Equator and Cypher2 Presets.
- Works either standalone, or as VST/audio units plug-in.
- Compatible with both macOS 10.13+ and Windows 10.
ROLI Studio Drums - Key Features
- Four audio effects inserts with a wide selection of modules.
- XY control and macro slider for each unique drum pad.
- 15 professional-grade kits (of 16 pads each), created by the in-house sound team at ROLI.
- Sampled and synthesised sounds in the world's first MPE drum engine.
- Works either standalone, or as VST/audio units plugin.
- Compatible with both macOS 10.13+ and Windows 10.
06/02 – 02/04: Serato's Sample LE
Powered by Serato’s legendary Pitch ’n’ Time algorithm, Sample LE is a performance-orientated plug-in that makes light work of slicing, rearranging and manipulating samples in real time. Adjust the key and tempo of your imported loop or full track, then manually or automatically set up to eight cue points within it for triggering via your MIDI or QWERTY keyboard, or map a single cue point up and down the keyboard for monophonic or polyphonic pitched play.
- Serato Pitch ’n’ Time timestretching/pitchshifting algorithm
- Key detection and tranposition
- BPM sync with x2 and 1/2 tempo options
- Assign eight MIDI/QWERTY-triggered cues within a sample of any length
- Set cue lengths graphically with Start/End handles
- Keyboard Mode for playing individual cues melodically
- Up to two octaves of global and/or per-cue pitchshift
- Up to +300/-75% timestretch
- Set each cue to one-shot or gated triggering
- Attack/Delay envelope per cue
- Mono and Poly voicing mode
05/12 – 06/02: Holiday Bundle
The next instalment of the Novation Sound collective provides you with a selection of seven excellent plug-ins from some of the leading brands in the industry. Gain access to iZotope Trash 2, KV331 Audio SynthMaster Player, D16 Group Nithonat, Puremagnetik Lo-Fi Ambient Tools and Tracktion Software Biotek - all free of charge for members. Find out more about each of them down below!
iZotope Trash 2
- In depth metering with visual feedback.
- Configurable signal path.
- Delay module (features distortion, post filtering and six unique styles).
- Analogue-modelled multiband compression, plus gating with a sidechain input.
- Convolve module features 100+ impulse responses (alongside WAV/AIFF import).
- Two-stage filter (with 23 filter options), and LFO and envelope-following modulation.
- Up to four processing bands (each boasts two distortion stages).
- 60+ distortion algorithms and a graphic waveshaper.
KV331 Audio SynthMaster Player
- 1800 individual factory presets.
- 8 designer-assigned, dedicated, macro parameter control knobs.
- Two GUI skins.
- Scala tuning compatibility.
- MIDI lean function for XY pads/knobs.
- Insert and global effects bypass.
- Effects send controls and layer mixing.
D16 Group Nithonat
- Roland TR-606 emulation (fully synthesised).
- In-built step sequencer allows for contained pattern generation.
- Host/internal sync.
- Solo and mute capabilities for each instrument.
- Eight outputs to DAW mixer.
- Use MIDI learn for simple controller assignment.
Tracktion Software BioTek
- Import samples and MIDI files.
- Four serial effects.
- Eight flow LFO's and four envelopes. Each boasts eight parallel sub LFO's.
- 32 modifier routings/200 modulation routings.
- Two multi-mode filters (with EQ and distortion).
- Four sample playback/virtual analogue oscillators.
- Craft and adjust macro-assigned parameters/preset specifics.
- Emulates sun-damaged tape using a special bake effect.
- Ensemble thickens your sound.
- Simple to operate two-oscillator string synth.
- Low and high frequency shaping and filtering.
- Physically modelled spatialisation.
- Feedback delay matrix features amplitude modulation.
- Modulated pitch shifting either one octave down or up.
- Fabric Control used for analogue style ageing.
- Adjustable grain triggering, length and duration.
- Buffers up to ten seconds of your input.
03/10 - 05/12: Puremagnetiks Lo-Fi Ambient Tools 2
The Puremagnetik Lo-Fi Ambient Tools plug-in suite combines a set of powerful, intuitive tools designed especially for electronic producers and sound designers. It brings together a synthesizer and two versatile effects - providing you with a bunch of rewarding software that will help to enhance your productions.
The Verv synth was created to emulate the sun baked, tape-recorded vintage string machines; Fathoms works as a self-contained ambience/drone generating effect that is based on feedback delay, pitch shifting and physically modelled reverb; Pastfabric pairs together granular and tape splicing-style audio deconstruction. Worth $50, download the pack now absolutely free as part of the Novation Sound Collective!
- Simple to use two-oscillator string synth
- Sound thickening Ensemble Effect
- Unique Bake Effect (simulating sun-damaged tape)
- Buffers up to ten seconds of input
- Variable grain triggering, duration and length
- Fabric control (designed for 'analogue aging')
- High & Low-Frequency shaping & filtering
- Physically modelled spatialisation
- Feedback delay matrix with amplitude modulation
- Modulated pitchshifting up to one octave up or down
08/08 - 03/10: iZotope Trash 2
iZotope Trash 2 is one of the most powerful distortion plugins ever made. Trash 2's dual-stage multiband architecture enables two different styles of distortion and saturation to be applied to up to four frequency ranges, with high and low-shelving filters after each one. Over 60 distortion algorithms are onboard, but if none of them fit your particular signal-mangling bill, you can easily design your own using the graphic waveshaper. Trash 2 also features two six-band filters with 23 filter types, plus per-band LFO and envelope modulation; a convolution processor; multiband compression and gating; and a delay module.
- Trash: Over 60 distortion algorithms with up to 4 frequency bands
- Filter: 2-Stage filter with over 20 selectable filter types
- Convolve: Realistic Amp, device, cabinet, effect and speaker convolution modelling
- Multiband Dynamics: Squash peaks, add grit and character, silence noise, or draw out sustain
- Delay: 6 different delay types from lo-fi to tape/tube
06/06 - 08/08: UJAM Beatmaker Eden
Beatmaker EDEN is a one-stop shop for the creation of punchy, floor-filling electronic drum tracks. With five drum kits onboard, 25 MIDI-triggered styles of 24 song parts each, a powerful under-the-hood mixing console, 16 MIDI-triggered one-shot instruments perkit, mod wheel-controlled ‘drummer’ intensity, filter and reverb effects, sidechain pumping and much more, it gives beginners and experienced producers alike everything they need to build instantly effective dance music beats.
- Create instant host-synchronised beats from your Launchpad or MIDI keyboard
- 5 mix-ready drum kits
- 5 Styles, each comprising 24 song parts (Intro, Verse, Chorus, Fill, etc)
- Trigger patterns and one-shot drum sounds
- Double or halve the tempo at a click, and dial in swing
- 6 mixer presets with variable application amount
- Tweak Volume, Decay and Pitch for every instrument
- Mod wheel intensity control
- Kick Pump slider for sidechain compression-style pumping
- Filter and reverb effects
- Kick/snare fade control tied to keyboard pitch wheel
- Compatible with VST/AU/AAX plugin hosts
04/04 - 06/06: D16 Nithonat Drum Machine
Nithonat is a flawless and fully synthesised (as opposed to sample-based) software emulation of one of the grooviest drum machines ever built: the Roland TR-606. Launched in 1981 and a staple of original electro and hip-hop, the 606 was a smaller sibling of the legendary TR-808, beloved for its sound rather than its flexibility, as it only enabled adjustment of the volume of each sound.
- Totally synthesized drum machine based on the classic Roland TR-606
- 8 outputs and individual instrument solo/muting for detailed mixing
- 606-style step sequencer with 8 banks of up to 12 16-step patterns each
- Built-in randomizer for instant rhythmic inspiration
31/01 – 04/04: Traktion Biotek
BioTek is a powerful, innovative virtual instrument that combines synthesis and sample playback across four morphable layers, within an intuitive single-screen interface. Get straight to the point with preset-specific macros, or go deep in the full-on Edit mode – BioTek’s empowering workflow lets the adventurous sound designer find their own path.
- Spinal Saw Oscillator – up to 11 detuned sawtooth waves per oscillator for dense, alien tones
- Granular Oscillator – weave detailed textures and sprawling patterns using grains from your chosen samples
- Wild Macro Control – tweak and warp your sound with the intuitive Wild macro interface, even with thousands of parameters at your disposal
- Effects galore – 9 effects can be loaded into 4 effect slots per voice for near-infinite sonic flexibility
- Presets by ground-breaking producer Richard Devine