Novation Circuit Mono Station Analog Desktop Synth
After the popularity and success of the original Circuit Synth, Novation have now brought out a new mono synth with the same quick and easy sequenced workflow, but with a brand new voice.
The Circuit Mono sound actually originates from the Classic Bass Station 2 synth. However, with the creative freedom you get from 32 velocity sensitive RGB pads and 3 sequencer tracks that the Circuit design offers, you soon realise that the Circuit mono is a new kind of mono synth.
The Synth Voice
The Circuit Mono synth offers two oscillators, three distortion modes, and one multi-mode filter that can be high-pass, low-pass or band-pass. The oscillator section features 4 waveshapes (sawtooth, triangle, square and sample + hold), a sub-oscillator, ring modulation and noise generation; So there's a decent amount of control on offer for you to shape your sound how you like.
Whats more, the sync and tuning parameters of the oscillators can be individually controlled. This means that you can beef up and enrich your tone like a classic analogue synth would.
Finally, the Circuit Mono isn't strictly just monophonic. the synth can be put into both monophonic and paraphonic modes, where you can control each oscillator with it's own sequencer. This is a place you can really explore; using the 3rd "modulation" sequencer to alter the sync rate and mutate the patterns to something completely new and unexpected.
Create and Explore
The whole premise of the Circuit series for Novation was to remove those creative blocks and boundaries so that you could explore a world of sound and create something instinctively. The Circuit Mono gives you that space to build on an idea until it is ready to become a full track.
There's a total of 53 patches that you can use to load and save your favourite tones and ideas. Then when you're ready to branch out, the Circuit Mono offers a whole host of CV/Gate/Mod, and Midi connections so that you can sync up to your other hardware.
The Circuit controllers also have a USB connection so that you can hook up to your Mac/PC. With this you can connect to Novation's Free propriatary software called Components, manage an unlimited number of patches and create brand new tones that you can upload to your Circuit hardware
- Two oscillators with individual control of sync and tuning parameters
- High-pass, low-pass and band-pass filters with slopes of 12dB and 24dB
- Three distortion modes
- Choose monophonic or paraphonic modes with individual glide control
- Four-by-eight modulation matrix that enables complex alteration and routing
- Load and save up to 64 patches on the device
- Three sequencer tracks (two oscillator sequencers, one modulation sequencer)
- 32 velocity-sensitive RGB pads
- 16 scale types
- Changeable sync rates
- CV/Gate, CV mod plus MIDI In, Out and Thru for connecting and controlling separate hardware
- Modulate, evolve and process sources through the audio input
- Backup patches and sessions with Components
- Patch Flip - This feature turns Circuit Mono Station into a sound designer's dream. Create unique sequences with different presets and automation per step. Using Patch Flip, Circuit Mono Station is also a fully-analog drum synthesiser.
- Modular Gear - Program notes into the Mod Seq page to independently control your modular and CV gear with pitch and gate control via the CV/GATE output.
- LFO Sync - The Circuit Mono Station LFOs allow you to decouple synced LFOs from key sync. This means sequences can benefit from longer LFOs staying in sync across several notes, perfect for making widely evolving musical phrases. LFO Clock Sync can also be controlled independently.
- Envelope Trigger - You can choose to have legato or retriggered envelopes. This choice gives an enormous amount of extra expression in your Circuit Mono Station sequences.
10+ In Stock
Order now for delivery to you on Thursday, 20 December 2018
Applies to most UK postcodes. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, UK Islands & Mainland Europe
3 in stock at our Guildford store
9 in stock at our Guildford warehouse
Stock levels last updated at
Free UK Delivery
Check what you would pay - select a deposit
Based on months APR
More finance Options
Hide finance Options^
Total amount payable . APR representative.
Finance is subject to status. Terms and conditions apply.