Rabea Massaad's signature model is an absolute beast of a guitar offering bite and power when you need it most - this baritone version combines classic design with a punchy low-end sound, perfect for modern metal. This particular edition comes with a Wenge neck, an eye-popping Poplar Burl top, and a Seymour Duncan/Bare Knuckle pickup combo.
Please note: the images used are design files - factory photos coming soon!
Rabea Massaad on the ML3 BEA:
“The ML3 BEA guitars are an amalgamation of all my guitar influences musically and physically up to now in my career - achieving a combination of beauty and brutality - both tonally and visually!”
Body & Neck
Satin finished Alder is used for the body, known for its pronounced upper midrange, as well as a stunning Poplar Burl top. This makes it perfect for contemporary styles, and allows to remain resonant and clear in any mix - particularly important with dense compositions and complex musical styles. A series of carved curves also ensure that you'll be ultra-comfortable handling the ML3 BEA.
The bolt-on neck is Wenge. Known for its weighty feel, it produces a tone that's similarly heavy - plenty of sustain and warmth, perfect for accentuating the extended range resonance of a baritone.
Hardware & Electronics
Rabea selected the pickups for his signature model to make sure that the sound suited his unique playing style. Naturally, his signature Bare Knuckle Silo pickup sits in the bridge position, for guttural riffs and sizzling leads a like. A Seymour Duncan SL59 combines humbucker resonance with the sensitivity of a single-coil – perfect for pronounced baritone punch.
It doesn't end there though; a 5-way switch and coil tap allows for a whole host of extra sounds, allowing you to make full use of this exquisite pickup combination.
Black and chrome hardware and reveal binding polishes off this guitars classy, modern aesthetic. The Chapman string-through hardtail bridge combined with the Graph Tech tusq nut ensures tuning stability and a responsive action. All in all, the ML3 BEA Baritone offers more than just djent mayhem - it's a perfectly precise machine that'll respond brilliantly to whatever you throw at it.
- Headstock: Angled heritage headstock
- Neck: Wenge with satin finish
- Top: Poplar Burl Solid Flat Top with Satin Finish
- Body: Alder with satin finish
- Body carves: Arm Carve, Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- Fretboard: Wenge Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Mother of Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 711mm (28")
- Tuners: Hipshot grip-lock open (18:1 gearing)
- String nut: Graph tech black Tusq XL nut
- Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinky, Nickel Wound, Custom 12-60
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Hipshot hardtail
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan SL59 Mini Humbucker
- Bridge pickup: Bare Knuckle Silo Rabea Signature Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 5-way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks