Chapman has combined two of its most popular models, the ML1 Pro Modern and ML1 Modern Baritone, to create a limited edition model that delivers bellowing low-end tones in a stunning package. Punchy pickups, a smooth satin finish and comfortable playability makes the ML1 Pro Modern Baritone a performance instrument through and through.
Body & Neck
Chapman have opted for Mahogany for the body, with a stunning Flamed Maple veneer top. This provides you with uncompromising sustain and excellent clarity, particularly in the mid-range and top-end. The satin finish and contoured top ensure a classy yet bold aesthetic and a comfy playing experience in equal measure.
For the neck, they've opted for satin-finished Maple, with a set-neck configuration featuring a volute. This reinforcement, combined with a dual-action truss rod, means sturdy tuning stability and excellent proficiency with drop-tuning. The satin finish and familiar C-shape neck means you'll be right at home - whatever your style!
Hardware & Electronics
Chapman have loaded the ML1 Pro Modern with two Sonorous humbuckers; power, clarity, a dense mid-range and a hefty low-end perfectly complements the Mahogany and Maple construction. Expect soaring sustain and a crystal-clear top-end; clean or distorted.
A 5-way pickup switch and a push-pull coil-tap vastly expands your tonal palette. What first appears to be a simple HH configuration suddenly becomes a hugely versatile instrument that'll efficiently handle whatever you throw at it. Top it off with Hipshot grip-lock open tuners, a Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut and alluring black hardware across the board, and you've struck the perfect balance between versatility and attitude.
- BODY TOP: Flame Maple Veneer On Arched Top with Satin Finish
- BODY BACK: Mahogany with Satin Finish
- BODY BINDING: Plain Maple
- NECK: Maple with Satin Finish
- NECK JOINT: Neck-Through with Volute
- NECK SIZE WIDTH: NUT 42mm 24F 57mm, THICKNESS: 1F 23.5mm 12F 25mm PROFILE: C Shape
- TRUSS ROD: Dual Action
- FRETBOARD: Indian Ebony Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- FRETBOARD RADIUS: 350mm
- FRETS: 24 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- FRET MARKERS: Glow-in-the-Dark Side Dots
- 12TH FRET INLAY: Pearl Infinity
- SCALE LENGTH: 711mm (~28")
- STRING NUT: 42mm Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL Nut
- HEADSTOCK: Angled Heritage Headstock with Ebony Veneer
- TUNERS: Hipshot Grip-Lock Open (18:1 Gearing)
- BRIDGE: Chapman String-Through Hardtail
- STRAP BUTTONS: Chapman Strap Locks
- NECK PICKUP: Chapman Sonorous Humbucker
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Chapman Sonorous Humbucker
- PICKUP SWITCH: 5 Way Super Switch with Coil Split
- CONTROLS: Master Volume (500k), Master Tone (500k)
- PICKUP SWITCHING: POSITION 1 - Bridge, POSITION 2 - Bridge + Neck Only Split (Outer Coil), POSITION 3 - Bridge + Neck, POSITION 4 - Neck + Bridge Only Split (Outer Coil), POSITION 5 - Neck
- STRINGS: Ernie Ball Super Slinky, Nickel Wound, Custom 12-60
- CASE: Chapman Pro Hard Case