The BBE 427 FD-427P is a gnarly-sounding, high-gain analogue distortion pedal that provides thick and saturated American-style amp tones. Just plug this compact pedal into your amp's clean channel and transform it into a powerful, fire-breathing monster!
Based on the legendary Paul Gagon's LED-based distortion circuit, the BBE 427 is incredibly dynamic and reacts beautifully to your playing intricacies and guitar's volume control. The FD-427P also boasts a simple control-set that makes the unit incredibly easy to dial in. With its Gain control allowing you to attain anything from a mid-gain crunch to hair-raising high-gain, the Tone control is also very flexible and acts as a sweepable EQ that can dramatically affect the key areas of your guitar sound.
About BBE Sound
BBE Sound is a familiar name in the music industry, and since their inception in 1985 the company has pioneered several noteworthy improvements in audio technologies. With their preamps, compressors and iconic Sonic Maximizers seen regularly in recording studios, broadcasting facilities and on stages all over the world; BBE Sound has established itself as a go-to brand for its class-leading audio processors and outboard gear.
A few years ago, BBE entered the guitar pedals market. Designed and engineered at their US headquarters, BBE pedals are built with high-quality components and use analogue circuitry to ensure optimal tones and studio-grade sonics.
- Gain, level and continuously-sweepable EQ tone control
- LED-based gain circuit for smooth, high-output distortion
- 1MEG Ohms input impedance for proper pickup loading
- 10K Ohms output impedance when engaged
- 1% metal-film resistors for consistency
- High-voltage poly caps for better tone
- Military-spec circuit board for reliability
- Blue status LED for high visibility and low power consumption
- Easy access battery compartment
- True hardwire bypass
- Operates on single 9-volt battery or optional power supply
- Designed and engineered in USA