The new Toontrack Decades SDX was developed and produced by legendary studio engineer and mixer Al Schmitt. Recorded at the iconic Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, this pack provides you with five contrasting drum kits – each of which were chosen to represent a chapter of Al’s distinguished career. Schmitt has produced and recorded over 150 gold and platinum albums, winning twenty-three Grammy Awards along the way. The musical pedigree behind these drum recordings is truly astonishing!
The kits featured here vary massively in both sound and style. Everything from big-band and jazz, to funk, pop and rock has been captured with great care and attention to detail. Each kit is a reflection of a particular era or tone from Al’s prestigious catalogue of work. The drums recorded range from a ballroom swing kit from the ‘30s/’40s, right through to a modern jazz kit and an ‘80s rock & fusion set. Each has their own individual characteristics and unique projection, offering you a host of alternative creative options.
High-Quality Sounds Right Out of the Box
You’ll be able to make music right away using the 42 mix-ready presets available straight out of the box. These include an impressive depth and breadth of different drum sounds. Each has been meticulously designed to offer you an opposing set when compared closely with one another. Toontrack’s Head of Sound Design, Mattias Eklund has created tones which stretch from modern, right back to classically vintage. Al Schmitt’s presets differ, and are organic and warm – profiling the greatest recordings of his life’s work.
- Produced by 23-Time Grammy Award-Winning Studio Engineer/Mixer, Al Schmitt
- Recorded at the Legendary Capitol Studios in LA
- Features Drums from the 1920s, Right Through to the Late 1990s
- Five Classic Kits in Total – (Leedy, Ludwig, Yamaha, Pearl, Slingerland)
- Twelve Snares
- Nine Kick Drums
- Multitude of Cymbals and Hi-Hats
- Select from Mallets or Brushes on Certain Kits/Instruments
- Contains Recordings of Classic Original Instruments, such as the Snare used by Toto’s Jeff Porcaro on ‘Rosanna’.
- Recorded Using an Additional Seven Room Microphones (for Playback in Stereo up to 9.1 Systems)
- 42 Mix-Ready Presets Available
- Compatible with Windows and Mac