Roland are responsible for some of the most iconic drum machines and production gear of all time. With the MC-707, they’ve demonstrated their groovebox prowess, combining classic Roland sound with cutting-edge functionality. Equal parts drum machine, synthesizer, sampler, sequencer and controller, this is a production powerhouse that’s armed to the teeth!
From Quick Beats to Full Tracks
Just like the classic 707, 808 and 909 drum machines, the MC-707 is designed with quick, punchy groove-making in mind. You’ve got 8 assignable tracks at your disposal, with 16 ultra-sensitive pads for playing or sequencing drums, basslines or chord progressions.
Add a wealth of onboard sounds, comprehensive TR-REC sequencing, in-depth sampling tools, and you’ve got the ability to create a professional-sounding track end-to-end.
Studio Quality Synths and Effects
The MC-707 comes equipped with Roland’s latest sound engine, combining virtual analog with modern PCM. This means a mixture of classic and state-of-the-art sounds with DAW-like flexibility, all in one place. And yes, it includes the Roland classics: TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, JUNO-106, and SH-101.
You can take these incredible sounds a step further with the MC-707’s built-in effects. All 8 tracks have independent effects processors with a huge number of variations. From lush modulation to mind-bending ambience, amp simulation to wild distortion. Add the final touch with master effects like filters, bit-crushers and bus compression for polished punchiness.
Intuitive Controls and Connectivity
Those familiar with Roland’s line-up may recognise the control panel as being similar to their Aira series. Vibrant backlit pads, intuitive faders, an easily-navigable button layout. The addition of a LCD screen makes tracking and composing easier than ever.
MIDI in/out and numerous stereo outputs allow you to easily integrate the MC-707 into your existing rig. Whether you want it as a DAW controller or a fully-fledged centerpiece, it can hack it. You can connect it via USB and use as an interface; all 8 tracks can be individually recorded into your DAW.
- Sound Engine: ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Maximum Polyphony: ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load), Looper: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- Tracks: 8 tracks
- Clips: 128 clips (16 clips per track)
- Preset Tones: 3,000+
- Preset Drum Kits: 80+
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing form SD CARD
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD CARD, recording via EXT IN/Tracks
- Available total time for User Sample: 12 minutes in mono, 6 minutes in stereo (44.1 kHz)
- Available format of User Sample: WAV 32--96 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit (mono, stereo)
- Available total time for Looper Sample: Approx. 60 sec (44.1 kHz)
- Available format of Looper Sample: WAV 44.1 kHz/16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit, 32-bit float (mono, stereo)
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Step Sequencer Maximum Steps: 128 steps
- Looper: Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
- Display: 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- External Storage: SD Card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- Phones jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- Mix out (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Assignable out (L,R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Send/return (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- Ext in (L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type (it works as 1/4-inch TRS phone type when using MIC)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor, 2,000 mA
Dimensions & weight
- 426 (W) x 263 (D) x 60 (H) mm
- 16-13/16 (W) x 10-3/8 (D) x 2-3/8 (H) inches
- Weight: 2.1 kg / 4 lbs 11 oz
- AC adaptor
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "Using the Unit Safely"
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)