Have you always dreamed of recreating the true sound of the ‘70s? Dream no more. Behringer is bringing you the complete ‘System 55. modular synth, featuring 38 selected modules to truly own that classic vintage soundscape.
This is probably the easiest and most affordable way to approach modular synthesis, as it comes pre-assembled with Behringer’s almost complete collection of modules. Explore the sonic possibilities combining up to 7 voices, shape them with an extensive choice of bandpass, high and low-pass filters and create unique melodies using the 24-step sequencer. The System 55 works wonders both for beginners and experienced modular synth lovers, as it provides you with all the tools required to go as deep as you want.
- Pre-assembled Eurorack modular synth featuring 38 analogue vintage modules for a true-to-life ‘70s sound
- 2 x 921A oscillator drivers featuring 6x921b VCOs and 1x921 VCO for a total of 7 voices
- Selection of filters including 1x914 fixed filter bank with 12 bandpass filters, 1x 923 filter modules with highpass and lowpass filters and white/pink noise sources
- 3 envelope generators with S-trig input and CV outputs
- 911A trigger delay module
- 24 step sequencer in 8 steps with 3 rows
- The 992 control voltage module allows CV mixing and switching with 1 inverting attenuator
- 903A random signal generator module provides dual white and pink noise sources
- 2x CP3A-M 4 input mixer with master level, 4 outputs and 2 sets of 4 multiples
- Midi-to-CV converter is included to instantly control your modular synth via a MIDI keyboard or your DAW
- Fully compatible with other Eurorack systems
- Modules come enclosed in the 2 Eurorack GO cases, inclusive of PSU
- 2x EURORACK GO BRACKETS to link the 2 EURORACK GO cases together for easy patching
Here's What Behringer say:
The first System 55, 35 and 15 synth modules came out in the early 70's and tended to be extremely expensive. They were mainly all discrete transistor designs as op-amps at the time were very high cost. The discrete circuitry gave the modules a very distinctive sound and were used by artists like Keith Emerson, Stevie Wonder, Tangerine Dream and so many more, giving us some of the greatest records we’ve ever heard. Modular synths were a landmark development in electronic music and today, it’s about to get better.
We’re bringing back all those amazing modular synths that you’ve all come to know and love and we’re putting them in one neat package that’ll surely blow you away. Enter the Behringer SYSTEM 55. This is a pre-assembled "System 55" modular synthesizer that comes packed with 38 of our vintage sounding synth modules, mounted and fully powered in two super-sturdy EURORACK GO cases. It even comes with some extra space for another one of our favorite things… more modules!
The Ultimate Synth!
The SYSTEM 55 is an amazing tool for those who want the ultimate modular synthesizer capable of fully scoring that next cyberpunk or sci-fi movie from start to finish. This entire setup comes equipped with a 914 FIXED FILTER BANK which features 12 active bandpass filters ranging from 125 Hz to 5.6 kHz with additional Low Pass and High Pass filters and one 923 FILTER MODULE with separate Low and High Pass filters each with their own dedicated frequency cutoff controls and jacks for both pink and white noise. But that’s only the start, with the SYSTEM 55 comes with so many more modules, you’re sure to have hours and hours of fun creating beats that you can just lose yourself in.