UK-based Origin Effects release some of the most popular and critically-acclaimed compressor pedals on the market, used by countless players from David Gilmour to Biffy Clyro's Simon Neil - and everyone in between!
With their RevivalDRIVE, they demonstrated their tonal prowess by cramming classic British amp response into a dynamic stompbox. Now, the RevivalDRIVE has been given the compact treatment; streamlined controls, silent switching, and exactly the same stunning tones.
- Ultra-high input impedance
- Silent switching
- High-quality “signal-conditioning” bypass mode
- High-current, low-noise electronics
- Premium components throughout
- Advanced power supply filtering and protection
- Runs off standard 9VDC adaptor
- Designed and built in England
Here’s what Origin Effects says about the RevivalDRIVE Compact:
The RevivalDRIVE Compact is a versatile overdrive that captures the authentic tone, feel and response of a range of classic non-master volume valve amps. Inside, it houses an unabridged valve amp signal path recreated in analogue electronics, including the preamp, phase inverter, push-pull power amp and rectifier stages plus a speaker-emulating reactive load.
By altering the way these stages behave and interact, the RevivalDRIVE Compact’s user-friendly controls provide instant access to a wealth of British and American amp voicings, from clean to fully cranked, while powerful EQ compensation controls will make sure it sounds great with a wide variety of amps.
- Gain: sets the amount of overdrive;
- Output: sets the overall output level;
- Blend: adjusts mix from 100% overdrive to 100% dry (clean boost), simultaneously adjusting gain to maintain a musical blend of clean and overdriven signals;
- Lows: controls the overdrive’s low-frequency characteristics, from fat and fuzzy Tweed-style distortion to tight and defined British drive;
- Highs: provides continuous adjustment through a range of classic Fender- and Marshall-style preamp voicings, progressively increasing mids and highs;
- More/Pres (clockwise): above 12 o’clock, functions like the classic Marshall Presence knob, releasing high frequencies from the effects of negative feedback;
- More/Pres (counter-clockwise): below 12 o’clock, progressively reduces negative feedback around the power amp, increasing gain and altering the pedal’s transition from clean to overdriven in response to playing dynamics;
- Post-Drive EQ: three preset EQ curves (flat power amp, Fender Blackface, Marshall) and a continuously adjustable filter adapt the pedal’s output to suit your clean amp settings.